Nothing on Cuellar yet? Thats 2-3 days he has been mulling over it.

Perhaps he has agreed and wants to wait until match day tomorrow to give the fans an extra lift before the game....and is one of the Signings Gav got told about?? (optimistic loyal) :smile:

Nothing on Cuellar yet? Thats 2-3 days he has been mulling over it.

Perhaps he has agreed and wants to wait until match day tomorrow to give the fans an extra lift before the game....and is one of the Signings Gav got told about?? (optimistic loyal) :smile:

According to Smith, our interest in Cuellar is cooling due to him not agreeing a "pay off" (which is just fuckin ridiculous and stinks of money grabbing) from Villa.

All players are entitled payoffs because they did not demand to move, wish most would waive the fee, Jelavic did to engineer the move to us, Cuellar surely would have earned a fair sum to just say don't worry about.... Thomson got a pay off from us and probably many other players that moved have got a pay off. Agents trying to get as much money for their clients as possible, it verges on disgusting at times.

All players are entitled payoffs because they did not demand to move, wish most would waive the fee, Jelavic did to engineer the move to us, Cuellar surely would have earned a fair sum to just say don't worry about.... Thomson got a pay off from us and probably many other players that moved have got a pay off. Agents trying to get as much money for their clients as possible, it verges on disgusting at times.

Is it part of players contracts these days to have a pay off if they're sold without wanting/asking to leave? If so then the people who organise these things at football clubs needs shot.

Is it part of players contracts these days to have a pay off if they're sold without wanting/asking to leave? If so then the people who organise these things at football clubs needs shot.

I don't know if its a specific clause but a player is leaving a contract without requesting to leave it so in a sense wants a payoff, job protection I guess.

I think one of the most disappointing things is that the impression is that Cuellar DOES want to move to us and will be very handsomely paid, but he wants even more money and is prepared to mess everyone around to get it.

There is more to life than money, especially when your are already pretty rich and have enough for you and your family to live comfortably, without working a jot for the rest of your life.

Plenty of people on more modest wages pursue more important things than money and waive loads of cash they are supposedly entitled to. I still don't see how he's entitled to a pay-off anyway. He's entitled to say no to a move and run out his contract or agree to the move, but that's it. What he's doing is essentially a form of blackmail. I know clubs do that to, but it's wrong on both sides of the fence.

If it was Man City and he was demanding money from their oil billionaires then it probably wouldn't bother me so much, but he's blackmailing for money out of the fans pockets, most of whom are earning less in a year than he does in a week for what is a dream job.

Maybe the biggest difference is that he has an agent to do all the dirty work for him and the "industry" sees it as pure business and not personal.

But I also don't like his hypocrisy after going on record that at this stage in his career, he reckons money isn't everything.

Guest Dutchy
......and Lemons not moaned today, that's about it!

He's started now though!

He's going on about he had to think hard on whether to contiue in the job after the treatment he got last year.

What a knob!

Guest Dutchy

He's also getting his excuses in early. He's now complaining about some of his players only having 2 weeks rest. I expect we can expect this type of moaning for the rest of the season.

As I say, pure knob!