Goian in now for Goodie

Guest Dutchy

It's true we shouldn't pay over the odds to try to get him, or any player, and trying to get him a bit cheaper than he asking price is common sense, but this is slightly embarrassing to be turned down time after time. There does not seem to be much diffirence in the amounts offered?

Goodwillie may well have a 'leaning' towards us, but I'd say that it's equally true that D Utd have an anti us attitude.

Houston was saying today that Goodwilie shoud think 'very carefully' on where he wants to end up. What the fizz does that mean? Does he not think the player knows what he thinks???

Aye that's right, we should just offer what a club want, whether it is proper valuation or not.

I find it incredible that we still have this mentality of "just give them what they want" when it is EXACTLY that mentality which had our club at the brink of collapse more than once, and those same fans were mum ping and moaning about that too.

Never has the proverb "damned if you do, damned if you don't" been more apt.

I find it more embarrassing when we sign a player for over a million quid, find out he is shite and then have to pay him off with a bunch of money we don't have.

I much prefer the financial prudence we re currently operating under. Sure, I will be just as disappointed as the next bear when we miss out on signing targets but at least we are being cautious with our finances, which is more important than spending 2 mill on Goodwillie in my opinion.

Whilst we can say the club are an embarrassment in the transfer market it could also be said that some fans are an embarrassment they way that they have a constant gripe about the club, wit very little credit being given where it is due (not you gisa, just in general)

Dont see anywhere in my post craig that implies we should be chucking the cheque book around in manner we had become accustomed to in the past. And i think you would have to go back to tore andre flo to be embarrassed about spending money on a flop. Its been bargain basement buys since then. We have been laughed at more than once with our offers this window and it gets on my goat considering we have a chaiman who says we have money to spend. on the evidence i have seen so far i beg to differ.

Im not impressed by the new regime so far. they havent installed much confidence in me with their performance. They have been very slow off the blocks and i fear the league will be long gone before they get their act together. i left blind loyalty behind a good while back craig and demand value for money these days.

It should also be remembered that it wasnt Craig whyte who saved Rangers. It was the fans who bankrolled the club with their season book money while it was up to its neck in debt. so if a fan feels the need to critisise after paying his due then hese perfectly entitled to.