I've got split feelings on this. I think it would be interesting to compare the average length of our passes with theirs - I imagine ours would be much bigger. I remember when I watched the world cup when I was wee I heard a brazillian coach say "we always move sufficiently to give the man on the ball two simple options". To my ten year old brain this was like an epiphany that has never really left (though it took my at least half an hour to work out that this was never going to work with the two versus two games we had going in the back lane).

However, as much as I believe in this - and as much as I believe ninety nine percent of our problems stem from a lack of movement, and have done for some time, a lot of it also comes down to just natural rhythm. When the confidence is up, the players have shown they can do this (like at the end of last season) and that it's effective in the SPL. It also comes down to fitness - we were at our most fit at the end of last season, and it's no surprise it started then. That said, we don't systematically build it into our play like they do on the continent - if it happens, it happens. Despite our lack of doing this we've punched above our weight in Europe, and that's because our own system, if not as pretty, can be effective. Last night it just all went wrong.

Edited by bmck

Guest Dutchy

They looked very assured on the ball, as we may get after we've played 8-9 games, I say may as our second touch seems to be a pass and not a very good one at that. We'll have to do something about this as we will continue to play these teams with half their league games played as Scottish teams in general will never get into the position of being automatic qualifiers for some years to come. And that only if there are changes.

I'm all for summer football, so it would seem is UEFA, they close down in the winter.

They looked very assured on the ball, as we may get after we've played 8-9 games, I say may as our second touch seems to be a tackle and not a very good one at that. We'll have to do something about this as we will continue to play these teams with half their league games played as Scottish teams in general will never get into the position of being automatic qualifiers for some years to come. And that only if there are changes.

I'm all for summer football, so it would seem is UEFA, they close down in the winter.

Sorted that for you :thup::D