Why You Should Have Faith In Our Manager

Guest BrickHands

Guest BrickHands

http://darchevinny.blogspot.com/2011/07/why-you-should-have-faith-in-ally.html

So we're three competitive games in to the new season, a draw, a loss and a win under our belts. Even before the competitive season started, the comments and threads from the doubters came flying in; Does Ally have the ability? Is Ally the right man for the job? Will Ally be just like Walter or have his own tactics? Will Ally ever give youth a chance? Have we seen the answer to all of those questions in the first three games? No, of course we haven't. That doesn't mean that the answer to all of those questions won't be yes over the course of this season. You can't just become the manager of The Rangers Football Club and have the perfect formula for success after three games, nor after ten games. It's a real hard, fast learning process, like any new job you or I start in our own careers.

Any new job I have started in my young career, I have been given training or been mentored by a senior member of staff. Then chucked in at the deep end and left to it. At first it's difficult and you make mistakes, but each mistake made is a lesson learnt. As the weeks tick by you learn what you are doing and start doing it your own way, being successful in your own way. That process is exactly what Ally is going through, week by week, game by game. He has had his training and mentoring from Walter over these glorious years we have just enjoyed, leading to three in a row. Now he's in at the deep end, using what he's learnt in his 'apprenticeship' and now we will start to see him introduce his own tactics and preferences. A blend of what Walter taught him and his own style.

Can anyone seriously be of the opinion that using what Walter has taught him and his own style will fail to be a winning formula? Really? Of course there are areas we would like to change already, Edu and McCulloch being nowhere near the starting eleven would be my first change. However, I'm certainly not more able to be the manager of our beloved club more than Ally! Can you imagine the reaction from the stands and the suicidal, end of the world attitudes from the users on this forum and every other had Ally picked a revolutionary first eleven, filled with younger players in a 4-3-3 formation and we lost to Hearts? I would have to log out for weeks until the storm calmed down!

So as I have said and will continue saying until there is no need and you are all sick of reading it, have faith Bears. Have faith in Ally and we will be rewarded by years and hopefully decades of further success.

Edited by BrickHands

I certainly wouldn't blame McCoist for following a tried and trusted path just now or at least until he gets the players in that he feels he requires( more on that in a minute ) . Everyone forgets just what a total shambles the last board left the club in , major players just about out of contract , one of the smallest and possibly weakest squads ever , it's a hell of a rebuilding task that's being attempted ..........in saying that ,

Our weakness's and requirements for players is obvious and has been for months , that Ally has been in position doesn't cut him much slack , in fact it makes it worse , just exactly who or why we are making these ridiculous bids for players and dragging every transfer out is beyond me and only serves to deflate the support and make us a laughing stock.

The Goodwillie transfer saga is a case in point we have made 5 bids for a player we could easily have had weeks ago and are now offering more than was required then , the Hungarian Center half and Dutch winger , god only knows but someone better get their finger out and pronto , this is starting to get stupid.

Good read Darche!

I know I'll maybe be in the minority here, but I'll give Coisty more than just one season to get this Rangers squad sorted. We might be 3IAR champions, but Ally has been left with some major rebuilding to do.

Guest BrickHands

It maybe isn't such a minority Zappa, maybe a lot just won't admit it. Let me put it this way, I won't be calling for his head if we don't win the title this year or next. You're right, the rebuilding is going to take years. Patience from the average Bear will give us the decades of domination we all crave.

I think McCoist will be fine.

The season's started early, so I think its wrong to pass judgement on transfer activity so early. Wait until the window closes. I also agree with the apparent transfer policy - Why pay the initial asking price for a player, when you don't agree with the valuation??? If you had �£1m at your disposal for a car.....you wouldn't blow it all on a Ford fiesta with a �£1m price tag on it....by simply paying the asking price, we may well find ourselves having financial "issues" again.

One thing is certain from McCoist....he will give it 100%

Every Rangers manager needs to compete straight away. There's no doubt about that. I'll be happy as long as we're competing this year, but he would have to win next year. Sad as it is, that's the nature of the beast. You don't get far chopping and changing managers.

But Ally isnt new to this job , he's been there for years , he knew what was required 7 months ago , he knows all the contract positions of the players we have and are attempting to sign , the pathetic attempts we have made to sign over 12 players (signing 3) is ridiculous , we constantly bid lower than other clubs or bids we all know will be rejected , all at the same time Ally has publically stated our interest in them.

Vaughan, Danns , Hemed , Goodwillie ,Conway ,Cuellar , Verhoek ,Juhasz,Miller, Ortiz , Goian , Wallace .

I am not for one second wanting us to go back to the bad old pay anything days , but when your manager wants a player then goes public , losing one or two is acceptable but 9 is just ridiculous..... also Bartlay and Wilson

But Ally isnt new to this job , he's been there for years , he knew what was required 7 months ago , he knows all the contract positions of the players we have and are attempting to sign , the pathetic attempts we have made to sign over 12 players (signing 3) is ridiculous , we constantly bid lower than other clubs or bids we all know will be rejected , all at the same time Ally has publically stated our interest in them.

Vaughan, Danns , Hemed , Goodwillie ,Conway ,Cuellar , Verhoek ,Juhasz,Miller, Ortiz , Goian , Wallace .

I am not for one second wanting us to go back to the bad old pay anything days , but when your manager wants a player then goes public , losing one or two is acceptable but 9 is just ridiculous..... also Bartlay and Wilson

I'm surprised rbr. You're normally the most level head! It seems like it's a case of "heads you win, tails you lose" for the new manager and owners. Things will always go public now, as it cranks up the pressure on the buying club. If we try and keep something hush, then they will be accused of keeping the fans in the dark while being asked to shell out money on season tickets. If a journalist gets a whiff (as they will inevitably do because of agents) then Ally would be forced to lie at a press conference, which he just can't do. It's like the fans are falling directly into the trap set for them in favour of the selling clubs and agents. And Of those players, we offered several as high as our wage structure will allow, and they turned us down - nothing you can do about that. Miller was at an inflated price, and would have had no sell on value. Ortiz , Goian , Wallace we got, and the other two may still work out. Honestly, getting a player is the definition of a zero sum game - if you don't win, you lose, and whoever wins or loses does so directly proportionate to the loss/gain on the other side. The same is true for what price you sell or buy at - the more pressure the fans put on out of embarrasment, the weaker hand you have in transfer dealings. I'm honestly baffled.

Would you have paid a few million for Miller, or broke our wage structure for someone like Conway or Hemed or Danns? We have succesfully struck a deal for Cuellar, we're just waiting on him. We can't force him. We're trying to get value for money, and that means bidding what you can afford and being prepared to walk away. If that means fans with a weaker constitution get all embarrased on the club's behalf, so be it, for me.

Edited by bmck

Cuellar is probably picking up his higher wage at Aston Villa before returning to training then he might make a decision, well I hope so. Although the pursuit of Juhasz imo means we are looking at alternatives but if we lose Bougherra we probably need him.

In my opinion McCoist needs time. However there are some issue both transfers but that is out of his hands and team selections but the big game on Wednesday night will be very interesting.