Exclusive! Gers Chase Aussie Star Matt McKay

I only hope that some of the other targets we have come in otherwise we will end up with people playing out of position all over the place.

A left sided midfielder who can also play centrally.

On the left side of midfield we already have Wylde as well as Ortiz & Wallace being able to do a job there (and Papac seemingly if last week is anything to go by).

In CM we already have Davis, McCulloch, Edu - and then we also have Ness and Hutton too.

We have more pressing issues elsewhere - that said, we could be doing with a left sided midfielder to allow Ortiz to move to the other side. But if we are looking at Verhoek then we will have this guy, Verhoek, Oriz & Wylde - I guess it would make for good competition for places in the wide midfield berths.

We BADLY need a couple of CB's and a striker though.

I only hope that some of the other targets we have come in otherwise we will end up with people playing out of position all over the place.

A left sided midfielder who can also play centrally.

On the left side of midfield we already have Wylde as well as Ortiz & Wallace being able to do a job there (and Papac seemingly if last week is anything to go by).

In CM we already have Davis, McCulloch, Edu - and then we also have Ness and Hutton too.

We have more pressing issues elsewhere - that said, we could be doing with a left sided midfielder to allow Ortiz to move to the other side. But if we are looking at Verhoek then we will have this guy, Verhoek, Oriz & Wylde - I guess it would make for good competition for places in the wide midfield berths.

We BADLY need a couple of CB's and a striker though.

We also have Bedoya, coming in. We need to either loan out a few of our youngsters or sell some established players. We are also after Murray Davidson which would put our own youngsters further down. I am really not sure we are adding any quality to the mix just seems like squad fillers in probably the most influential positions on the park. We lack flair bar Davis but I wouldn't really say he is too much of a flair player. We also lack a player who can take a decent set piece although Wallace is reasonable as is Davis but they aren't fantastic.

I agree we do need at least another CB, plus with what I seem to think is a lack of use of Healy, Beattie and Hemmings and the reported bids for Goodwillie we need another striker badly.

The Brisbane Roar website has him listed as a left midfielder. More info on their site - http://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/default.aspx?s=aleague_profile&pid=794&tid=7

The Hyundai A-League 2010/11 season could not have been scripted better for Brisbane golden boy Matt McKay.

An integral part of the Brisbane Roar midfield since the club’s inception, McKay led his team to the premiership and championship double in his first full season as captain and cemented his place in the Qantas Socceroos starting eleven on the back of some inspirational performances wearing the green and gold at the 2011 AFC Asian Cup in Qatar.

His scintillating form reaped deserved accolades with McKay being named captain of the Professional Footballers’ Association Team of the Year while he also claimed the Members’ Player of the Year and Players’ Player of the Year award at the club’s end-of-season presentation dinner.

McKay’s consistency, work ethic and fearless nature had made him an iconic club member long before the 2010/11 season but his rise to success has set the benchmark for Hyundai A-League players for years to come.

Took over as captain last season after Craig Moore left.....

Edited by Zappa

Never heard of him, not sure is it a free?

He signed a new 3 year deal in December -

Brisbane captain and Qantas Socceroo Matt McKay and fellow midfielder Massimo Murdocca have both signed three year contracts with the club, taking the members of the club's inaugural squad through to the end of the the Hyundai A-League 2013/14 season.

http://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=37326