Gers rebuff Wylde bid

Guest Dutchy

Well done Rangers and now up his offer to a promising youngster that will do well for us in the years ahead.

After he's proved himself, if he went for �£4+ million plus, that would be good business, but to accept a crap offer because he's young and inexperienced is somewhat counter productive.

the lad deserves a contract that matches the others his age. he has earned it with his performances so far.

It is pretty crap that he was stripped of his personal training gear and made to train with the u19s. nothing short of bullying from the management.

the lad deserves a contract that matches the others his age. he has earned it with his performances so far.

It is pretty crap that he was stripped of his personal training gear and made to train with the u19s. nothing short of bullying from the management.

If he was touting himself to other teams behgind the clubs back then he deserved it.

Bullying indeed ?

We all look for this myth known as loyalty and when it isnt shown we tell players to GTF (just look at Miller & Bougherra for instance) yet when it is a younger player who does it the management are bullying him.

So.... if it was the case that the player simply wasnt good enough and was stripped of personal training gear that too would be bullying ? Nonsense.

Sorry gisabeer, you have touted for long and weary for the youngsters to get a game and how we would be stifling them and how they wouldnt get a chance..... yet of our youngsters the only one who has proven good enough is Ness.

Not sure what games you have been watching but they obviously are different ones than I have. Wylde, for me at least, has rapidly fallen into the John Fleck mould i.e. a player who flatters to deceive.

Wylde has pace. That is it. His final ball is pish. His crossing is pish. He cant actually beat a player other than to push the ball past him and hope his pace will be enough (look at the Hearts game start of season, the young RB had his number marked even though Wylde only came on as sub and the Hearts ful back had played for an hour by the time he came on).

I would agree that his performances means he should get as much as Fleck, but not because Wylde has been good, but because Fleck isoverpaid too. The only one that deserves his wage based on performances is Ness.

Someone on FF posted this:

Wylde

Just back from Murray park getting a top signed. I asked Wylde what was happening with his contract and he said he should be signing a new 1 with us next week

Also big Lafferty says he will be on the bench on Thursday big Bartley is out for a week Beattie picked up a knock in a bounce game against Ayr Utd we won 4-0 Healy x2 Fleck and Mcmillan scored

We seem to be very generous with our current players, Whittaker gets a good wage as does Davis and McGregor (But they deserve their wage, Whittaker unsure, currently no). If we give Wylde �£8k thats just too steep seems like we are offering EPL wages to him. He wouldn't get more than �£10k -�£15k if he moved imo.

I wouldnt hang him either Danny.

But he is not the messiah some claim him to be. Nor is he worth anywhere near 8k a week.

Can he turn out to be a very important 1st team player ? Absolutely. Does he need a lot of work to get there ? Absolutely. His final ball needs to improve and he needs to utilise more than just his pace to beat a player.

I would like to see him stay but if he goes it wont be a massive loss to us in terms of quality - it WOULD be a loss though in seeing another promising young player leaving before he should.