Try Ortiz on the right

Ok, I suspect few would disagree that Ortiz has been the least impressive signing. He's done nothing to show he's settling in and looks at odds with the Scottish game.

However, I am willing to suggest that playing on the left side might be rendering him inneffectual.

He's a right sided player, and keeps on cutting in - it was useful against Blackpool in a friendly but it's doing nothing in competitive matches.

Give him a go on the right, see how he does on his oriented flank.

If he's still slow, unconfident, innaccurate with his crossing, and unable to beat a man, then yeah, he's probably a dud.

But he deserves a chance on what I believe is the side he prefers.

He played on both flanks for Almeria so while he's not had a great start for us, he deserves more of an opportunity to settle here before anyone labels him a dud.

I think he'll prove quite useful throughout the team as his confidence increases. Especially in matches where we may need to be more conservative.

When Naismith is playing up front with Jelavic I think we'll maybe see Bedoya playing on the right wing.

Agreed, but I am still in the "I prefer Naismith on the right hand side of midfield" camp. I think he is more effective there. That said, he doe shave a good understanding with Jelavic.

I still dont consider him an out and out striker - but I guess that is where Jelavic comes in and Naismith plays that "other striker" role well.

Agreed, but I am still in the "I prefer Naismith on the right hand side of midfield" camp. I think he is more effective there. That said, he doe shave a good understanding with Jelavic.

I still dont consider him an out and out striker - but I guess that is where Jelavic comes in and Naismith plays that "other striker" role well.

Yep, I pretty much agree with you mate. I'd really rather have Naismith playing on either wing or on either side of a front 3 in a 4-3-3/4-5-1, but Coisty has obviously wanted to try and build a relationship between Naismith and Jelavic in the meantime while Lafferty is out. If we don't bring in another striker I'd like to see Healy and Hemmings both given a chance to partner Jelavic in the 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 formation because I like the idea of Naismith and Bedoya on either side of a midfield 4.

Although he's not really hit the ground running, i think he has decent technical ability. I personally think he would be more effective playing off the striker, he seems pretty adept at bringing others into the game, he looks very neat and tidy in a congested final third. IMHO he's never a winger, if indeed that was Ally's intented position for him, his obvious lack of pace makes him far too easy to defend against, hence the slowish start to his Ibrox career.

Was Ortiz not bought as a right back/defensive mid and not an out and out winger.

He played almost all of last season as a left back, but tbh I think we bought him because he's versatile and can play LB, LM, RM, RB or even other positions if needed. Handy player to have around!