Try Ortiz on the right

He played almost all of last season as a left back, but tbh I think we bought him because he's versatile and can play LB, LM, RM, RB or even other positions if needed. Handy player to have around!

That's one thing SA has learned from Sir Walter

He played on both flanks for Almeria so while he's not had a great start for us, he deserves more of an opportunity to settle here before anyone labels him a dud.

I think he'll prove quite useful throughout the team as his confidence increases. Especially in matches where we may need to be more conservative.

In what way will he be useful in more conservative matches?

Ok.

But that doesn't mean he can't play in a number of different positions.

I agree. But there's little point in repeatedly playing him in his poorest position.

Or maybe it's his strongest, who knows. He just isn't settling in at all whether it's the position or the league/environment.

Or he just wasn't that good in the first place.

In what way will he be useful in more conservative matches?

Well, clearly his strengths are more defensive ones as opposed to attacking. He's a decent tackler, has an excellent first touch and works hard on the flank - supporting the attack and defence. As such, in games where we perhaps would be less inclined to dominate and thus possibly not want to play a more attacking player/winger; Ortiz should offer us an option there.

For example, in Malmo the other week, he had a good game in a match where we had to be conservative as opposed to gung ho - especially when we had men sent off.

I really don't think he's done that badly - and that was before the goal tonight. Possibly some people have heard teh word 'winger' mentioned and think we've sign Arjen Robben. He looks solid, without being spectacular, composed and technically quite good - first touch etc. He's not got blistering pace or a half dozen stepover trick in his back, but you don't really get that for the money we're paying these days.