So we've had 6 competitive matches in all competitions now under this new regime, what do we all make of what we're seeing so far?

We've had 2 wins against diddy teams, one of which required 2 penalties. We've drawn twice against mediocre outfits, and we've lost to two mediocre teams.

An astonishingly mixed match, no sign of any obvious consistency, and while it's early days, would you put more blame at the managers' door or the players?

I do believe Sunday will tell us a lot about this team - we're up against the league leaders who haven't yet conceded a goal. McCall is doing a decent job there and this match will tell us something about the mettle of our team.

So far I'd give the team and McCoist a C.

I never saw any of the match last night as I was working so can't comment on how unlucky, poor or embarrassing we were but I have managed to catch most of all the other matches. We seem to play well in stages but can't keep it going for the duration of a whole match.

I know circumstances haven't helped recently but playing Edu and McCulloch together in the middle of the park doesn't help. Hopefully the signings of Bedoya and McKay (here's hoping) will improve the squad and put an end to the Edu McCulloch partnership.

Anyway, a C is where I'd put the team at present.

That's where he played for Almeria, that and right winger. And he can exchange psoitions with Bedoya, who is also well trained on the right side of the team.

What we will see is Whittaker there, since he's our only "natural right back" and has a bumper deal that needs to bear some fruitation and ...

... if only Whittaker was a good defender too. He's never made it beyond decent SPL level. His attacking play though is better, once he gets out of pre-season form. And while we are at it, it's more likely to see that we have a midfield four of Bedoya - Davis - McKay - Ortiz, which wouldn't be that bad either.

We really need to start signing people who play in 1 position, not 2 or 3 and end up playing in their less favoured position meaning they don't play to their full potential. It seems to be a Rangers habit.

Agree it has be a mixed bag so far a C is probably a fair assessment

i'd go with this team when everyone is fit and available 4,3,3

.................................................McGregor....................................

Whittaker.................... Bartley...................... Goian.......... Wallace.

...................................Bedoya.......................McKay......................

.................................................Davis..........................................

.............Naismith...............................................Lafferty................

.................................................Jelavic.........................................

Would be a C for me too. But the lack of performing for 90 mins isnt a phenomenon since McCoist came in, it is a legacy because they were doing the same under Sir Walter.

For me I would be playing

:am:

:kb: :kbartley: :dg: :lw:

:ab: :sd: :jn: :mm:

:sn: :nj:

Wouldn't be averse to having this as a 4-3-3 either :

:am:

:kb: :kbartley: :dg: :lw:

:ab: :sd: :mm:

:sn: :nj: :kl:

In the 4-3-3 we have enough attack-minded players that the defenders really just need to defend. Which is why I would have Broadfoot in there instead of Whittaker. Whittaker is OK going forward but very poor with defensive duties and, particularly, defensive positioning.

Even in the 4-4-2 I would prefer Broadfoot. Not as "skilful" as Whittaker but he does get forward, makes himself available, and actually hits a decent ball into the box now and again (his play for the Ortiz goal last night was very effective and a very decent turn to beat the defender).