Maribor lodge protest over Carlos Bocanegra eligibility

Not even quotation marks to distinguish between what they are saying, and what Maribor are meant to be saying...

That's exactly what I thought. If they want to use the sensationalist title without it being editorial opinion they should use quotes. However, Maribor didn't actually say this and so the headline could be inferred to be the opinion of the Sun...

This is all quite surreal. You would almost think that the Record wants us out of Europe.

Did Sellik lose at the weekend or something, or are they just odds on to go out of Europe tomorrow?

Talk about deflection - with a twist of bitters.

What's the rest of the press saying? Been website OK actually, as is Metro.

I've only read one paper who had the journalistic intelligence to explain the situation even slightly - and that was the Mail. Ironically I don't usually find the Mail a very enlightening paper - usually the opposite in pursuit of a more sensational story.

The disappointing thing is that Rangers themselves have not spelled out the situation - ie that he doesn't need a British work visa to play in Slovenia.

It seems Maribor like to complain about nothing. There is a story that last year they made an official complaint about Hibs for being disrespectfully 30 minutes late for a training session at their stadium. The truth was that the Hibs bus driver got a bit lost...

That's exactly what I thought. If they want to use the sensationalist title without it being editorial opinion they should use quotes. However, Maribor didn't actually say this and so the headline could be inferred to be the opinion of the Sun...

Even though it is the record's headline ? Wow, that is a quantum leap ;)

To be honest, I think this kind of stuff is very helpful to us in showing the agenda against us. The more stupid complaints UEFA get from our enemies, the more they will realise that we are the victims of a malicious smear campaign.