Maribor - 1 chance, 1 goal. Rangers 26 chances, 1 goal.

Guest Smug Bluenose

Guest Smug Bluenose

I think that stat says it all. These so-called "minnows" are far more ruthless than we are.

It was the same over there, by the way. How many clear cut chances did they create at home against us ? Maybe 4 or 5 tops ? Yet they got 2 goals.

We have nobody to blame but ourselves. Edu, Lafferty, Healy, Jelavic, Broadfoot - all sitters. We should have won that game out of sight last night.

Ho hum, we move on....

I think that stat says it all. These so-called "minnows" are far more ruthless than we are.

It was the same over there, by the way. How many clear cut chances did they create at home against us ? Maybe 4 or 5 tops ? Yet they got 2 goals.

We have nobody to blame but ourselves. Edu, Lafferty, Healy, Jelavic, Broadfoot - all sitters. We should have won that game out of sight last night.

Ho hum, we move on....

Says it all we are simply not good enough no matter how you want to dress it up.

I've asked it twice now and it's a valid question at present.
I'll answer it for you. YES. Shamrock Rovers made it to the group stages by beating Partizan Belgrade. We would have been over the moon if we had beaten a team of that pedigree. And as far as I know Shamrock don't have international players like EDU and Jelavic, so that must say something. Maybe the League of Ireland is more competitive than the SPL? Christ, what a thought.

I've asked it twice now and it's a valid question at present.

but there's another thread about it is there not?

in reply i'd say no and we never will be, we're a middle of the road european team who sometimes do better and sometimes worse than expected.

when we were doing well against the top teams would you say we were a top euro team?

we were beat by lower ranked teams, it happens all the time in football but i would never call us a european minnow.

I think that stat says it all.

I don't think it does say it all. We had no more than maybe half a dozen really good chances last night not counting the goal. Anyway, that's being pedantic and we did indeed have the chances to win. I really do think we should have beaten Maribor both last week and last night, but the teams Ally put out just didn't do the business.