Gers plan Murphy move

True, but they have, by comparison, been building from within unlike Manure who, when the going gets tough, spend. Remember too that there is only one club who has gone through the entire footballing season in the EPL without losing a game. Clue? Ok then; Woolwich. They are also the only club in English football never to have been relegated.

Bang on but you obviously don't know Calscot. Unless a player is over 30 he writes them off.

Bang on but you obviously don't know Calscot. Unless a player is over 30 he writes them off.

Ho ho. Well I think it was a joke but have a disappointing feeling that you just don't grasp my points:

1. Youngsters are not a magic wand - there is an obvious reason players reach a peak in their value. Experience counts - as the 8-2 result at the weekend shows.

2. Building for the future is a utopian fantasy that rarely works in reality. Large crops of excellent youngsters filling championship winning teams happens by a happy coincidence, not by strategy. Everyone cites that Man U team (which actually averaged about 26 and only had one teenager), but how come they haven't repeated this, year on year? It just so happened they had a supernormal crop of young players - albeit they have an excellent youth system which raises their odds.

3. I have nothing against good, young players but I want our manager to pick a team for their ability to win the game, NOT their age. Young players tend to be inconsistent and so I don't like to have too many in a team.

4. It is extremely unlikely we will have a team of youngsters that can replace the first choice team - that's what the U21's and U19's are for - and our youngsters rarely win those leagues, never mind the SPL. The chances of us having 11 young players capable of wining the Scottish championship is astronomical... The chances of developing such a team in 5 years is just as remote.

5. We ARE building a team for the future but with slightly older, more experienced players who are not all from the youth system with the likes of MacGregor, Whitaker, Davis, Ness, Edu, Wylde, Lafferty, Jelavic, and Fleck. And due to that experience and non-reliance on Murray Park, we are doing so while still winning the league. However, quite a few of them get the ire of those calling for us to build a team for the future...

6. The fact we've been sporadically playing Fleck, Ness, Wylde, Hutton, McMillan, Perry and Hemmings suggests that enough youngsters are getting a chance. Adding more inexperience is hardly going to help us win the title.

7. It's a bit strange to give up the title - to build a team to win the title...

True, but they have, by comparison, been building from within unlike Manure who, when the going gets tough, spend. Remember too that there is only one club who has gone through the entire footballing season in the EPL without losing a game. Clue? Ok then; Woolwich. They are also the only club in English football never to have been relegated.

Is Arsenal your other team Kenzie. Whilst commendable achievements, they don't really have anything to do with whether or not one of their failed youngsters would be good enough for us now, which is the point you were responding too.

Not sure why Gav thanked the post.

ktan118l.jpg2529437.jpg

:D

Is Arsenal your other team Kenzie. Whilst commendable achievements, they don't really have anything to do with whether or not one of their failed youngsters would be good enough for us now, which is the point you were responding too.

Not sure why Gav thanked the post.

ktan118l.jpg2529437.jpg

:D

Because I agreed with him perhaps?

Edited by Gazza_8