Unknown Bidder.

Guest Dutchy

Just heard Peter Liewell giving an answer to a question this morning. The question was, had there been any last minute interest last night in the transfer market.

He replied yes, there was a �£29 million offer for Gary Hooper from an un-named agent, an un-named club from and un-named universe. This is much regarded as a jibe at the �£9 million late bid for Jelavic.

Very funny I have to say, I just wish they could show the same humour when we wind them up, but that doesn't seem to be the case these days. There's no humour left in the scottish game, mainly due to septic's whinning, but I can't get away from the thought that this question was just a set up at the expense Rangers FC.

Hardly surprising, given most journo's attitude to our club.

I'm afraid I share Lawwell's scepticism.

Me too, but even if it was a wee fib, it's good to see the club valuing our best assets at more than double what we paid. If Jela starts performing at his best and scores a good number of goals this season he's definitely worth �£10m+ to a good EPL club.

Three years past, in the wake of ra Sellik's penalty shoot-out win against Spartak Moscow, Peter Lawwell was quoted by the Daily Record's Keith Jackson as saying, "we rejected a �£9 million offer for Scott Brown, made by a third party on behalf of a premiership club". Pot and Kettle? You decide.

Further, I seem to remember a couple of months ago, Lawwell accepted an invitation extended from the SFA to join fellow Sellik Director, Eric Reilly on the newly created Professional Game Board. What do his other fellow Directors think of such utterances?

I has been thinking the same myself, but why make an arse out of your only challenger for the title in Scotland.

I'm not talking about the truth of the bid, just the fact he felt it worthy to mock.

If that's the way, I'd love Ally to comment on the world class players that septic have.

Three years past, in the wake of ra Sellik's penalty shoot-out win against Spartak Moscow, Peter Lawwell was quoted by the Daily Record's Keith Jackson as saying, "we rejected a �£9 million offer for Scott Brown, made by a third party on behalf of a premiership club". Pot and Kettle? You decide.

They spent about 3 or 4 years trying to punt McGayday for �£10m and eventually someone was stupid enough to actually buy him for their overvalued price.