Bain - Court Orders Freeze £450,000

Rangers former chief executive Martin Bain has secured a court order to freeze almost £500,000 of the Ibrox club assets as he a pursues a damages claim against his ex-employer.

A judge said he was satisfied that there was "a real and substantial risk of insolvency" for the Scottish Premier League leaders if a major tax brought by HMRC goes against them.

Lord Hodge said at the Court of Session in Edinburgh that in reaching that view he was concerned with the degree of possibility and "not actuality or even probability of insolvency".

The judge said he was prepared to grant a warrant for arrestment sought by Mr Bain's lawyers but would restrict it to the sum of £480,000.

Mr Bain raised a £1.3m claim alleging breach of contract following the takeover at Rangers FC by venture capitalist Craig Whyte, 40, from former owner Sir David Murray.

Lord Hodge said he was not persuaded on the material before him that Rangers were presently insolvent "either practically or absolutely".

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/270135-judge-freezes-500000-rangers-assets-over-fears-of-insolvency/

The fact he was running the club during it's financial woe's tells me that he, more than anyone should know what sate we're actually in, yet he goes ahead with this action, knowing the bad publicity it will attract.

Maybe he knows that we're not in that much trouble after all? Or he could be just trying to screw as much from us as possible before we do have to cut back to the bone.

If he's a true blue, he's got a funny way of showing it. It's more to do with overpaid rich bastards getting used to having far too much money in the first place. I've never heard so much sshite spewed over rich peoples entitlement to even more cash. Greedy c*nt!

We can call Bain every name under the sun, but this goes down in my book as a major mistake by Whyte. If he really had anything on Bain then the former CEO wouldn't be sueing. Whyte should have dealt with Martin Bain completely differently and not caused all this media circus and bad publicity for the club. No wonder the Rangers FC share price has been plummeting since June. Then again, I suppose anyone interested in picking up shares in the club will be happy about being able to get them for 20p instead of 40p.

We can call Bain every name under the sun, but this goes down in my book as a major mistake by Whyte. If he really had anything on Bain then the former CEO wouldn't be sueing. Whyte should have dealt with Martin Bain completely differently and not caused all this media circus and bad publicity for the club. No wonder the Rangers FC share price has been plummeting since June. Then again, I suppose anyone interested in picking up shares in the club will be happy about being able to get them for 20p instead of 40p.

Agree with you broadly here Zappa, but agree also with CW in that Bain has a gross cheek. He was well aware of, and was party to some very bad management decisions over the past few years, and - according to the leaked documents, and the sequestering - is apparently quite happy to quote the consequences of those bad decisions as his reasons for the Club being in a dicey postion. We really can't blame CW for that.

And now Bain wants £1.3m. Now,Ii don't know how that equates for you guys, but, that's not far off a lifetime's earnings for me. Fair enough, I don't live in Drymen, and fair enough, I would never want to, but this prat fills me with loathing.

Despicable person. Six months ago, when he was on the gravy train, he was spouting off about how he was "Rangers till I die" - now he is quite happy to screw the club as long as he can get his bumper payoff.

On a side issue, part of his claim is for a European qualification bonus for Europe this year and next. He's lost out on this year, and I wouldn't bet on next year.

Question is, does he not feel content with the money he has made out of the Club already?

He's a moneygrabber.

Not a Rangers man.

Full stop.

Edited by bluebear54

Agree with you broadly here Zappa, but agree also with CW in that Bain has a gross cheek. He was well aware of, and was party to some very bad management decisions over the past few years, and - according to the leaked documents, and the sequestering - is apparently quite happy to quote the consequences of those bad decisions as his reasons for the Club being in a dicey postion. We really can't blame CW for that.

And now Bain wants £1.3m. Now,Ii don't know how that equates for you guys, but, that's not far off a lifetime's earnings for me. Fair enough, I don't live in Drymen, and fair enough, I would never want to, but this prat fills me with loathing.

Despicable person. Six months ago, when he was on the gravy train, he was spouting off about how he was "Rangers till I die" - now he is quite happy to screw the club as long as he can get his bumper payoff.

On a side issue, part of his claim is for a European qualification bonus for Europe this year and next. He's lost out on this year, and I wouldn't bet on next year.

Question is, does he not feel content with the money he has made out of the Club already?

He's a moneygrabber.

Not a Rangers man.

Full stop.

Agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but I still think Craig Whyte should have dealt with Martin Bain completely differently. The way it was dealt with was completely unprofessional and all of this could have been avoided. He could have been given 12 months notice or whatever was required and Whyte could have used his services for another year instead of now having to pay him half a million minimum in losses and damages.