Bain - Court Orders Freeze £450,000

Agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but I still think Craig Whyte should have dealt with Martin Bain completely differently. The way it was dealt with was completely unprofessional and all of this could have been avoided. He could have been given 12 months notice or whatever was required and Whyte could have used his services for another year instead of now having to pay him half a million minimum in losses and damages.

Impossible for him to stay Wyhte would have seen the mess he has made of things then he signed the open letter sealed his fate still think there is a lot more still to come out regarding Bain in this mess.

Agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but I still think Craig Whyte should have dealt with Martin Bain completely differently. The way it was dealt with was completely unprofessional and all of this could have been avoided. He could have been given 12 months notice or whatever was required and Whyte could have used his services for another year instead of now having to pay him half a million minimum in losses and damages.

Zappa, you're spot on. It should have been dealt with in a much better way. So agreed. I still can't get my head around what kind of new management we have here, and if they are good - or bad - from our perspective. We appear to have so many issues to face just now. If CW gets over all of these, one, I'll be amazed, and two, I'll truly take my hat off to the man, because, I can't recall any owner ever having to face this kind of threat.

Impossible for him to stay Wyhte would have seen the mess he has made of things then he signed the open letter sealed his fate still think there is a lot more still to come out regarding Bain in this mess.

It wasn't impossible for Bain to stay and be dealt with properly within the company which would have avoided all of this trouble being made public and probably saved Rangers a considerable amount of money because if Whyte really had anything on him there would have been grounds for the board to sack Bain.

Now, there is not much that I know about Bain's dismissal. He's been "suspended" was the last I heard, over financial irregularities. Now, he may argue differently, but you do wonder that ...

a) Whyte's folk find out about the 2.8m in the first place ...

b) which should have been noted by Bain (when the big HMRC stuff came calling at the very latest) ...

c) Bain gets into hot water with Whyte about this and gets the boot yet now has the cheek ...

d) to demand payment for his failures?

f) Not to mention that the 2.8m frozen are due because of an extra charge of 65% to that HMRC case WE uncovered and are willing to pay!

You would have assumed that said judge had shown some sense and stopped this freezing of money, for, if that goes on, the club will eventually end up being unable to pay some bills. You'd hope that a verdict is being achieve very quickly here.

Just a small but important point , we cannot use the " but we only found out late on about the £2.8million HMRC bill" , that was the reason Murray reduced the price to £1 , it has been known about , however if the arguement is over the penalty payements and the fact that HMRC have not disclosed all the paper work ,then thats another matter

I'm dealing with a tax case at the moment where the Inspector is trying to impose penalties. There are some similarities to the Rangers case but nothing like the time period involved. Given what I have been told by advisers in my case, I can't see HMRC settling for anything less than 25% penalties and 50% seems more likely.

Just a small but important point , we cannot use the " but we only found out late on about the £2.8million HMRC bill" , that was the reason Murray reduced the price to £1 , it has been known about , however if the arguement is over the penalty payements and the fact that HMRC have not disclosed all the paper work ,then thats another matter

So did Murray know about this all along, or did it just come to light when the books were looked at during the takeover?