Jelavic hands Rangers a boost by pledging loyalty to the club

Nikica Jelavic has handed Rangers a substantial boost by declaring himself happy and content to remain in Glasgow.

The Croatian international striker was the subject of a £6.5million bid from Leicester City, followed by an £8m offer from an unnamed club, in the final hours of the transfer window.

Despite the financial clouds cast by the clubâ??s exit from Europe and Wednesdayâ??s League Cup defeat to Falkirk, however, the £3.4m signing insists that he is happy with life at Ibrox.

A scorer in last weekendâ??s Old Firm triumph over Celtic, Jelavic said: â??I know what was written about in the media, but no one said anything to me.

â??Of course, itâ??s nice that there are clubs who may be interested in me. But I maintain again, I am happy to be playing at Rangers and winning trophies with them and I have won some cups already.

â??If a club appeared and offered something that suited Rangers, and they were happy with the offer, then I would talk to them, of course.

â??But I repeat, I am happy here and donâ??t want to leave Glasgow.â??

Jelavic was a second-half substitute at Falkirk after a pre-match fitness doubt and scored the equaliser before the Bairns went on to secure a famous 3-2 victory.

Preferring to focus on last weekendâ??s 4-2 Old Firm victory, however, which stretched Rangersâ?? SPL lead to four points ahead of Saturday's lunchtime clash at Dunfermline, Jelavic was equally quick to credit the contribution of fellow scorer and strike partner Kyle Lafferty.

He said: â??Celtic was a big result for us. We played really well, particularly in the second half when we ran all over the top of them.

â??We could have scored more than four goals and we wasted a couple of excellent opportunities.

â??It makes a big difference when you win the first of the Old Firm matches in the league.

â??I am always fascinated by the atmosphere at Ibrox for these games and this was no different.

â??I would also give special praise to Kyle Lafferty. I really enjoy playing up front with him.

â??Heâ??s an excellent player and he creates so much space for me with the amount of running he does.

â??Last season, we hardly got to play together because of injuries, but I have played beside him a lot this season and it has been great.

â??Itâ??s a good partnership between us.â??

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2041239/Nikica-Jelavic-pledges-loyalty-Rangers.html#ixzz1Yr25YDMU