John Greig and John McLelland have resigned

Yes, it is. At least under the Companies Act definitions.

So by legal definition it's ok, but would it not be considered unusual for a company the size of Rangers Football Club to essentially only have it's owner and his lapdog acting as the companies board of directors?

I'm just trying to get my head around why so many board members have either been removed or resigned and none of them replaced.

Edited by Zappa

I thought Gordon Smith had been formally announced as "Director of football"?

Director of football isn't the same as either an executive or non-executive director.

Changes in Directorships have to be announced to the market, hence the changes http://www.plus-sx.com/companies/plusCompanyDetail.html?securityId=10824

Director of football isn't the same as either an executive or non-executive director.

Changes in Directorships have to be announced to the market, hence the changes http://www.plus-sx.com/companies/plusCompanyDetail.html?securityId=10824

Right, so given that King and Betts were (and presumably still are) non-executive directors, that would mean that the company no longer has any executive directors other than Whyte himself?

Right, so given that King and Betts were (and presumably still are) non-executive directors, that would mean that the company no longer has any executive directors other than Whyte himself?

It would appear so yes, not exactly the paragon of the Cadbury Code of Practice is it ?

It would appear so yes, not exactly the paragon of the Cadbury Code of Practice is it ?

Not quite sure about Dave King though. Did he remain a non-executive director after his large investment?

So by legal definition it's ok, but would it not be considered unusual for a company the size of Rangers Football Club to essentially only have it's owner and his lapdog acting as the companies board of directors?

I'm just trying to get my head around why so many board members have either been removed or resigned and none of them replaced.

Unusual perhaps Zappa, but doesnt necessarily mean people should be suspicious either.

I have only come across companies with one or two directors in private companies. Public companies tend to have larger boards - it would be hard to have Board committees with only 1 or 2 board members.