John Greig and John McLelland have resigned

I thought Gordon Smith had been formally announced as "Director of football"?

I KNEW someone was going to mention this :D .... and thanks forlanssister for pointing out that "Director of football" doesnt constitute being a director of the company.

I KNEW someone was going to mention this :D .... and thanks forlanssister for pointing out that "Director of football" doesnt constitute being a director of the company.

My fault for presuming that "the company" might actually appoint a new director rather than just getting rid of them all!! ;)

Unusual perhaps Zappa, but doesnt necessarily mean people should be suspicious either.

I have only come across companies with one or two directors in private companies. Public companies tend to have larger boards - it would be hard to have Board committees with only 1 or 2 board members.

Why should people not be suspicious or at least wondering what's going on when the board of directors now consists of Craig Whyte and a couple of hands-off non-execs rarely seen?

the directors of the club had responsibilities towards the shareholders, and principally the majority shareholder. Murray holds the main responsibility and everyone else are just bit players. In no way are they all equally liable.

As much as I bow to your much greater knowledge on these matters Bluedell , this isn't a normal company IMHO , whilst I agree totally that the bastard Murray was ultimately responsible , each and every director , executive or non , who had a detailed knowledge of how our club was being run is again only IMHO equally guilty by doing and worse saying nothing .

This is not about a company dealing in pounds and pence , this company dealt in peoples dreams , hopes , aspirations and very way of life , this once great institution has now been reduced to the shambles we see ridiculed every day by a press gleefully enjoying every single moment , and what do we see of these stalwarts of the club , if they are not sueing us they are resigning in a huff because they are not being listened to , well nothing changes because Murray never listened to them either .

I dont know Craig Whyte , I dont know if he has money . if he is going to rip the club to shreds or asset strip whatever is left , but I do know the club is in no worse position than that left by the previous board of Rangers men , may they forever hang their heads in shame .

A, Johnstone ,M Bain , J McLelland , J Greig , D Muir , D McIntyre what a shower of utter arseholes each and every one , not forgetting the biggest charlatan who sips his finest wine in his chateau , the Bastard Murray .

Why should people not be suspicious or at least wondering what's going on when the board of directors now consists of Craig Whyte and a couple of hands-off non-execs rarely seen?

They should be very suspicious indeed it's a massive red flag.

Whyte will have departed the scene and sunning himself on some Caribbean beach before the majority finally waken up.

As has been said, we know next to nothing about Whyte and these people. I do assume that this is the case with many football clubs all over Britain, not just us. I doubt that Whyte has any greater obligation to sate our curiosity about his background than we would have presenting our background to the public. It is a sinister tendency these last few years to assume the worst and expect even worse, rather than to wait and see. So far since his take-over, the only ones who have failed us were the players during the first few weeks of the season ... or rather, before the latter actually started.