Ally - The Front Man

My personal opinion is that an administration event could be timed to ensure we dont enter admin this season by appealing if we lose the tax case.

Not sure if UEFA have rules preventing teams in admin from competing in their competitions. Would be a killer if that was the case, although could possibly time admin for that too..... Play in group stages next year (assuming we win the league) and then enter admin. Make the CL money and then go into Admin.

We seriously need that Champions League money we'll get next season if we win the league this season and for that reason I don't think we'll go into administration this season unless we can go into it and come back out of it before the end of the season. UEFA do indeed have rules that would prevent us playing in Europe if we were in administration, but it would be down to the SFA to decide whether or not we meet the UEFA criteria. If we were to enter admin' before Xmas and come back out of it before winning the league, then I don't see how the SFA could stop us playing in UEFA competition. It would certainly be tight to get into it and out of it that quickly because football club administration periods are often in the 6-12 month length, but it would definitely be possible if Whyte and his people are well prepared for it. There's examples of large clubs down south in the past couple of years entering and exiting administration in periods as short as 3 months. Up here even a train wreck of a club like Gretna got in and out of admin' in only 5 months. Dundee FC's last admin' period only lasted about 7 months.

Yes you would have to take it eventually. But given after next season there is no auto CL place tab would be the time to take the 10 poin deduction if possible.

We could still win the league if Lennon is at the meccanodome

My personal opinion is that an administration event could be timed to ensure we dont enter admin this season by appealing if we lose the tax case.

Not sure if UEFA have rules preventing teams in admin from competing in their competitions. Would be a killer if that was the case, although could possibly time admin for that too..... Play in group stages next year (assuming we win the league) and then enter admin. Make the CL money and then go into Admin.

I think if we lose the tax case we will be thrown into admin as soon as possible. Even if we do have a 10 point penalty we will still be within fighting distance of the tims if not still ahead of them. I don't see the advantage of prolonging it to next season I still think that the 18mill Whyte paid Lloyds will have been borrowed in Rangers name and will become one of the debts to be wiped clean(unlearned guess) and Whyte really will have bought Rangers and all of it's assets for one pound. I think that is what the old board also wanted to do but Whyte stole their thunder and that is why they are so mad. I may be wrong as I am certainly not an expert in any way.

I think if we lose the tax case we will be thrown into admin as soon as possible. Even if we do have a 10 point penalty we will still be within fighting distance of the tims if not still ahead of them. I don't see the advantage of prolonging it to next season I still think that the 18mill Whyte paid Lloyds will have been borrowed in Rangers name and will become one of the debts to be wiped clean(unlearned guess) and Whyte really will have bought Rangers and all of it's assets for one pound. I think that is what the old board also wanted to do but Whyte stole their thunder and that is why they are so mad. I may be wrong as I am certainly not an expert in any way.

If we enter admin and don't exit it by season's end then winning the league means NOTHING because we won't be able to enter the CL.

For that reason I disagree unless, as Zappa sys, it can be in and out before seasons end

Sure, but the 10 points would still have to be deduced at the beginning of next season, no?

I'm pretty sure the SFA set a precedent 6 or 7 years ago allowing clubs right up until the end of the season to exit their period of admin' and if they didn't exit before the end of the season the points deduction would be carried forward to the start of the following season.

I think there's a lot of if's and but's in this. We may actually win the tax case, go into the knockout stages of next years CL, and get an out of court setlement from the beeb.

Who knows? Speirs maybe? He always seems to know what other are thinking. I just wish I knew what his employers are?

You never know, what with all the so-called Rangers bias in Scottish football, they may change the rules especially for us. It wouldn't be the first time the rules have been changed.

If we enter admin and don't exit it by season's end then winning the league means NOTHING because we won't be able to enter the CL.

For that reason I disagree unless, as Zappa sys, it can be in and out before seasons end

Surely with CW being the only or biggest creditor if he gives the go ahead and waves goodbye to the borrowed 18mill which is in his Rangers company then admin could be very short. I am arguing something I have no idea about so I could be miles off.

Surely with CW being the only or biggest creditor if he gives the go ahead and waves goodbye to the borrowed 18mill which is in his Rangers company then admin could be very short. I am arguing something I have no idea about so I could be miles off.

Are you forgetting that if we enter administration it is likely as a result of losing the tax case ? The biggest creditor will be HMRC and a short administration period is far from being a foregone conclusion with them