Ally - The Front Man

I thought thats what happened to Airdrie, who then became Airdrie United.

Airdrie didn't just go into administration, I think they were completely liquidated and ceased to exist as a business. Airdrie United are actually Clydebank FC relocated to Airdrie and renamed.

Airdrie didn't just go into administration, I think they were completely liquidated and ceased to exist as a business. Airdrie United are actually Clydebank FC relocated to Airdrie and renamed.

That's right, I remember that now. That's why they kept their place in the league then. So what was the story with Motherwell then?

So what was the story with Motherwell then?

They were put into administration, but they basically won a watch when they avoided relegation from the SPL because Falkirk weren't allowed into the SPL because of their stadium. They also won a watch in the sense that the rule to deduct 10 points for administration wasn't brought in until after Motherwell exited from their period of administration. Their owner also waived all debt owed to him by the club and if it wasn't for all of these factors combined Motherwell could have been right up shit creek.

Whether we would have to change our name or not the other Question remains relevant. Will our league wins record be wiped out? An uneducated guess for me will be no it won't as we would also keep our SPL place. If you had to start at the bottom I think it would be a different story.

As for the name if it did have to change then it would be the perfect opportunity to get us to change it to Glasgow Rangers as I think it should be anyway.

My understanding of it was this, when the club enters administration, the administrators cut all unnecessary spending & try to bring the club back onto an even financial keel. If this is achievable then the club can carry on as usual. If this is not achievable the company is liquidated & all assets are sold to recover some of the debt, if this happens it is possible for someone to buy the assets and then re-found the club but as a new company under a different name. I may be way off the mark though as I'm not business literate at all.

But the 10 point reduction is in place not though, although, so far, that doesn't seem to be a major problem.

My personal opinion is that an administration event could be timed to ensure we dont enter admin this season by appealing if we lose the tax case.

Not sure if UEFA have rules preventing teams in admin from competing in their competitions. Would be a killer if that was the case, although could possibly time admin for that too..... Play in group stages next year (assuming we win the league) and then enter admin. Make the CL money and then go into Admin.

Sure, but the 10 points would still have to be deduced at the beginning of next season, no?

Anyway, I'm been amazed at our progress over this last few years, and I suppose not winning the league one year has to come sometime, although I'm not so sure that even that will happen with the strength of opposition we have to deal with. And things can turn around quiet quickly, the septic thunder already has signs of being a strom.