Meltdown at the Meccanodome

I've never heard that one before. Fergus had his own cash from some business deals that I'm aware of, and I've never heard any suggestion that Murray lent McCann any cash.

I have actually heard it before and it surprised me too. Not sure how much credibility I would give to the story though because Fergus had his own business dealings as far as I am aware - he already had moved overseas to protect his wealth I believe.

Ach, it's only reciprocation!

In 1952, the SFA took the advice of several proposals forwarded by Glasgow Magistrates to curtail increasing violence at old firm matches. The fourth recommendation was for the clubs to avoid displaying flags that cause resentment among opposition supporters. Ra Sellik flew the flag of Eire above the rusting corrugated barrel roof above ra Jungle.

The SFA Secretary proposed ra Sellik take down the flag of a foreign country, Hibernian seconded the motion. Sir Bob(currently sucking cocks in hell)Kelly, Chairman of ra Sellik argued against and received fulsome and articulate support from Rangers John Wilson. To this day, ra Sellik's continued flag flutter of ra Irish tricolour is courtesy of Rangers.

They owe us, but Phil McStupidname has conveniently forgotten.

You should write a book 26th :D

As far as the tax bill goes, even though it was many years ago and under a diffirent regime, if found guilty, we'll have to pay all of it, or some % of it, depending on the ruling. No-one knows what the ruling will be, we could just as easily win the case, but it certainly gives lots of amunition to bloggers of the dark side. Our own forums are stuffed full of balance sheet nonsense and speculation, even though nobody knows the outcome yet.

That's the nature of the internet in my view. I doubt very much most people would spout the things they do on the internet in the same manner standing in a pub for instance.

As to the Fergus McCann deal. I was of the opionion that he borrowed the money, under similar North american rules such as the Glazicers used to buy Man Utd and he then sold the fans shares, thus making hhimself a tidy wee profit from the whole enterprise. Although he had a golfing business, I don't think he had that much wealth. £9 million was it, at the time?