This new regime

We've had a new owner and boardroom now for a fair while.

It's a new era, with challenges, rewards and twists and turns a plenty.

To put it bluntly, how do you feel about how Rangers are currently being run? Has the takeover been a success? Are we in a better financial position now?

I know few of us would want SDM back, but how many of you are happy with the hierarchy we now have.

I'm just curious about overall opinion on this one :)

I’m happy. I think he’s delt with everything very well. He’s done what we’ve been crying out for for years and told the press to toe the line.

he is hamstrung with this tax thing, until that passes we won’t really see his true colours, but the fact he was willing to buy us with that cloud hanging overhead said a lot.

My own opinion is he wants to make us stable financially, winning then to sell us off for a profit which i have no problem with. To totally contradict myself in one sentence, boardroom stability is essential in the running of any company and another new owner2-3-4-5 years down the line is exciting, but also comes with the doubt that a new owner might fuck us up again.

He’s a young guy in this business game, and he will not want his reputation screwed up by making a mess of Rangers, that is my biggest plus point when doubt slip in, not that there has been many with him

I'm happy with Whyte's actions so far. He initially showed inexperience in the transfer market, but also that he won't bend over at the first price on the table. Whyte is also taking fans views on board which is excellent and unprecedented in recent times.

There's also the matter of his dealings with the media; I love how he isn't afraid to speak openly about the nonsense written or said. I also like the fact that he is refusing to answer all the critics when they question his wealth.

We don't really know how our finances look right now and probably won't until the tax case is up (I'm assuming the end of the month). One of me wishes is that he runs the club within its means and looks to promote the brand more.

From his meetings with the RST and VB it would seem that he is genuinely interested in fan ownership or at least more fan involvement. This was another wish that I had and felt all along this might be his plans/exit strategy.

So far so good for me.

The real acid test is still to come, even if he inherited it, he has to deal with it.

I think Whyte is way out of his depth and will go as soon as is possible as long as he can get "his" money back. There are absolutely no examples in his business history of having turned around a business of this scale in fact is there any example of him having turned around any business at all ?

He is only here because neither Murray nor LBG could countenance being at the helm and having to press the "A" button while Whyte will do it without compunction in fact he has no problem pressing the "L" button if it's in his financial interest to do so regardless of the consequences.

How do you feel about how Rangers are currently being run?

Very uncomfortable, decidedly worried and also dissapointed.

Has the takeover been a success?

It's far too early to say, but I'm unhappy about the way certain important things have been handled, such as the previous executive directors who are taking legal action. Bain and McIntyre haven't been dealt with the way they should have been. If Whyte wanted rid of them it should have been done in a quiet, professional manner, not bad publicity, court ordered money seizures and scandal.

Are we in a better financial position now?

I really don't know, but it makes me feel uncomfortable and worried more than it did before Whyte took over.

I am very uncomfortable because he doesn't appear to have a long term strategy, he gives every impression of making it up as he goes along and the way he dealt with former directors was a disgrace.

I don't read a lot into his dealings with the press or the fan's groups at this stage; I think it's largely posturing.

But most of all, it's his motivation and source of funds that worries me. The fact that Ellis is still in the background, seems to imply that there might be some property deals down the line and I know for a fact that Ellis has absolutely no interest in Rangers Football Club. Also so long as he maintains the almost paranoid secrecy about the source of funds for Wavetower the more I will be concerned about his exit strategy.

I am very uncomfortable because he doesn't appear to have a long term strategy, he gives every impression of making it up as he goes along and the way he dealt with former directors was a disgrace.

I don't read a lot into his dealings with the press or the fan's groups at this stage; I think it's largely posturing.

But most of all, it's his motivation and source of funds that worries me. The fact that Ellis is still in the background, seems to imply that there might be some property deals down the line and I know for a fact that Ellis has absolutely no interest in Rangers Football Club. Also so long as he maintains the almost paranoid secrecy about the source of funds for Wavetower the more I will be concerned about his exit strategy.

I really can't understand why the people who've had a chance to speak to him and ask him questions haven't asked about why Ellis is even involved. Instead of asking him a full spread of important and pertinent questions we've got people asking him a mixed bag including some completely irrelevant questions, while omitting important ones.

I really can't understand why the people who've had a chance to speak to him and ask him questions haven't asked about why Ellis is even involved. Instead of asking him a full spread of important and pertinent questions we've got people asking him a mixed bag including some completely irrelevant questions, while omitting important ones.

Perhaps we'll get the chance to ask him pertinent questions at the AGM, then again probably not.