Ok can someone tell me who the fhuck O'Connor gets off but Aluko gets done, a disgrace.

Obviously they didn't want to repeat their monumental O'Connor cock-up with Aluko, so yet again it's us who get the brunt end from the Shady Football Authority.

The message now can only be: "We'll be watching you!"

Double Standard is already at it, rest assured. Methinks the odd letter to UEFA / FIFA with regard to unfair treatment of association members by the SFA with a number of examples will be send sooner rather than later.

I think the media explosion of fake horror may have had something to do with the decision. In fact, I'm sure of it.

I remember when they brought in restrospective video evidence for the first time, and that was a Rangers player that was punished then, Fernando Ricksen if I recall correctly?

Are you paranoid if they are out to get you? Funny how as Celtic start to close the gap we bring in a player who has a couple of excellent performances and then suddenly he gets an incredibly dubious two match ban...

Stinks to me.

Ally has says strong words:

ALLY MCCOIST has expressed his extreme disappointment at the outcome of the fast track tribunal that resulted in Sone Aluko being banned for two matches.

The manager told rangers.co.uk: "I have to say that I am absolutely shocked and extremely angry at the fact this committee has upheld the decision to give Sone a two game ban.

"The meeting was chaired by a former referee and I have to say his decision making hasn't improved any since he stopped refereeing.

"The three gentlemen on the panel have effectively called my player a cheat and a liar, neither of which he is.

"What they've effectively done is they have said the player has cheated to get the penalty.

"It's an absolutely incredible decision given that the referee is literally five yards from the incident.

"He has a better view than anybody in the stadium and they have gone not only against the referee but the player as well.

"The thing that stuns me is that the panel agreed there was contact so for them to uphold the decision and go against their own referee, who had a particularly good game, is ridiculous.

"It seems to me that there are rules for some and rules for others. There is a complete lack of continuity and consistency, you have to look at the previous incident regarding Garry O'Connor, and we do not even know if it was the same individuals on the panel.

"We took it on the chin with Steven Naismith at Dunfermline but I can also remember off the top of my head someone having a fly kick at our goalkeeper last season.

"I can also remember a goalkeeper having a go at Kyle Lafferty this season and a Motherwell player getting elbowed this season.

"Nothing has been done about any of them and O'Connor has obviously been found not guilty.

"The other thing I would like to point out is the compliance officer is a thoroughly nice man but he is a lawyer, he comes from a legal background not a football one.

"So effectively we've got someone who hasn't played professional football telling me my player is a cheat.

"It's staggering, absolutely staggering and to say I'm angry would be a massive understatement."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20111208/mccoist-shocked-by-aluko-ban_2254024_2541446

Well said Ally

Edited by ian1964

Well said indeed, expect the beaks to come down on Ally for that.

Not only did the ref have the best view of the incident, he's actually looking for things like that in the course of the game???

He didn't book Aluko for diving, he gave a penalty.