Jackie McNamara backs Kyle Hutton to be Rangers success

JACKIE McNAMARA says Kyle Hutton is ready to nail down a place in the Rangers first team after conceding defeat in his bid to keep him at Partick Thistle.

The 20-year-old on-loan midfielder will play his final game for the Jags at Morton on Saturday after Ibrox boss Ally McCoist recalled him.

Thistle manager McNamara said: "Kyle's been excellent and I think he has a chance of getting some games there now. But I don't pick the Rangers team and Ally will know what he can do."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/sfl/2011/12/09/partick-thistle-boss-jackie-mcnamara-backs-kyle-hutton-to-be-rangers-success-86908-23621830/

I thought he was quite good in the games he played. I know McCulloch bashing is at an optimum but Hutton is a capable replacement, even good for Edu, same with Ness when fit.

Afraid my memory doesn't go that far back.:frown:

Hutton and Ness both looked like players that could develop into key players for the club. Glad Hutton has been getting some first team games, but quite frankly with both Edu and McCulloch, he could and should be competing for a first team place at Ibrox.

Guest superrcooper7

Agree 100% with that, Ness certainly looked a player, I hope he gets past his injury problems. I haven't seen much of Hutton but as you say, must surely be close to both Edu and McCulloch.

I'm not getting my hopes built up that Hutton is coming back to play ahead of Jig. I wouldn't be surprised if he's loaned out to Sheffield Utd along with Fleck as per the deal that failed to go through in August because of late paperwork.

I think Fleck especially moving for 6 months is a must. He is no-where near the starting 11 when the team is crying out for a more creative player. Yet, to a man, all the chat from his team-mates is that he's a "player". Something not quite right.

I'm not so sure we'll be loaning players out when we could do with them. Although I can't remember him playing, I do remember reading the good reports about him. Surely ally should be fitting him into our team, instead of other teams.

Then again, what do I know?