Level playing field?

I dont think that what is happening here is a comparison between Kayal & Naismith - truth be told that is a pointless comparison because Naismith is a FAR better player.

What Danny is getting at is the impact both have on their teams.

They dont have that much creativity either to be fair. Forrest their best bet followed by, probably, Ki. And Forrest is a winger so isnt a replacement for Kayal. Ki doesnt worry me, I dont think he is that good a player.

I dont think that what is happening here is a comparison between Kayal & Naismith - truth be told that is a pointless comparison because Naismith is a FAR better player.

What Danny is getting at is the impact both have on their teams.

They dont have that much creativity either to be fair. Forrest their best bet followed by, probably, Ki. And Forrest is a winger so isnt a replacement for Kayal. Ki doesnt worry me, I dont think he is that good a player.

Cant speak for gers4life, but I know what danny meant and still disagree. I think Naismith is more important to us than Kayal is to them. Probably three things contribute to this:

1 - Naisy is a better player, hence harder to replace.

2 - Naismith was integral to the way we play(ed).

3 - They have a bigger (stronger?) squad and are more able to replace kayal.

Cant speak for gers4life, but I know what danny meant and still disagree. I think Naismith is more important to us than Kayal is to them. Probably three things contribute to this:

1 - Naisy is a better player, hence harder to replace.

2 - Naismith was integral to the way we play(ed).

3 - They have a bigger (stronger?) squad and are more able to replace kayal.

Have to agree with all three points. So, yes Naisy probably is a bigger loss to us than Kayal is to them. I think Danny had a point, but it just won't make as big a difference as we'd maybe like it to....

Name the creative players that THEY have...?

...and I'll easily outnumbered you with names WE have.

If that is he case then we have issues, because we arent creating chances (Motherwell game aside) !

There was a Rabid one on the phone in last night moaning to high heaven about Jig injuring Kayal while on appeal. That it shouldn't have been allowed and he should get more games added.

Had to laugh, a Celtic fan moaning about us appealing a decision. Oh the irony.

If I remember, Kayal and Jig both went in rashly for a 50/50 ball. Kayal came off worse, but given Kayal's previous, it could just as easily have been Jig who came off worse. That's football.

Regarding the disciplinary and appeals process, Sellik have had more to do with putting the new system in place than most. If they have an issue, it's their own fault.

Regarding Kayal, I think they'll miss him. If we end up winning the league, this will be the pivotal moment that cheated them out of it. Oh - how we've been here before.

Finally, regarding Naisy and Kayal - no competition. Naisy is far more influential for us. Laces and boots thing.

Edited by bluebear54

Name the creative players that THEY have...?

...and I'll easily outnumbered you with names WE have.

Commons

McCourt

Ki

Forrest

Izaguirre

Kayal

The creative players I think we have are:

Wylde

Aluko

Davis

Jelavic

Commons

McCourt

Ki

Forrest

Izaguirre

Kayal

The creative players I think we have are:

Wylde

Aluko

Davis

Jelavic

Bar a player or two either way that's probably not far off.

Although they perhaps have a player or two more who might be considered creative both teams have a lack of real quality there.

An on form Davis or Jelavic aside both teams have average at best players in those roles.

Oh, if you're counting the injured Kayal in their list Naisy should be in ours.