Weiss did it, Naismith did it and others have done it too

Thats my point. I've not been scathing of him. I would even be happy enough if he was retained in the summer. I just said I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't.

Needs to work on his decision making. Needs to learn to use his right foot more, particularly if we're going to deploy him on the right (not his fault). He is deceptively strong for a guy of his physique.

FWIW, he probably wouldn't start if everyone was fit.

Why not? Aluko and Naismith are the two best options we've got for the left and right wings. Not only that, but Naismith is quite often deployed as a striker when we're short of striking options due to injury, suspension or whatever. I suppose it all depends on whether we get a Aluko signed up or not because Naisy is out for the season. Obviously it also depends whether or not we sign another winger, but I can't really see the manager regularly picking Wylde or Wallace ahead of Aluko other than maybe an OF game where he maybe plays Wallace because he's trying to flood the park with defenders. :seal:

Why not? Aluko and Naismith are the two best options we've got for the left and right wings. Not only that, but Naismith is quite often deployed as a striker when we're short of striking options due to injury, suspension or whatever. I suppose it all depends on whether we get a Aluko signed up or not because Naisy is out for the season. Obviously it also depends whether or not we sign another winger, but I can't really see the manager regularly picking Wylde or Wallace ahead of Aluko other than maybe an OF game where he maybe plays Wallace because he's trying to flood the park with defenders. :seal:

He doesn't appear to be first choice for left wing. Now this may be that Coisty is playing him right due to a lack of options there as opposed to not fancying him for the left. However, it does appear that Wallace is first choice for left mid with Naisy when fit the first choice playing from the right.

When everyone is fit he might struggle to get a start. Hence why I wouldn't cry myself to sleep if he wasn't signed on permanently in the summer.

He doesn't appear to be first choice for left wing. Now this may be that Coisty is playing him right due to a lack of options there as opposed to not fancying him for the left. However, it does appear that Wallace is first choice for left mid with Naisy when fit the first choice playing from the right.

When everyone is fit he might struggle to get a start. Hence why I wouldn't cry myself to sleep if he wasn't signed on permanently in the summer.

We'll have to wait and see, but if Aluko is still here when Naismith comes back into the team I'd be very surprised if Ally doesn't play Naismith on the right and Aluko on the left with them occasionally swapping sides.

S_A's getting a doing here, and while I understand our desperate need for creative quality on the wings, I'm not sure Aluko is quite the sensation he's being portrayed as by the majority.

Don't get me wrong, he's got skill, and he's bloody quick, but he's an 8th of the player Naismith is and that our results since signing him have been no better than they were prior to it (and after Naisy' injury) supports the notion that he's not quite the Messiah many consider him to be.

My issue with him is how patchy he is. For one brilliant piece of skill he then switches off totally and disappears. If he was as good as he's being rated as, he would not have spent so much of his career thus far at Aberdeen and he'd have more than one cap for Nigeria.

Our squad is better with him than without him, but I don't really see him as a great deal better than Weiss who was similarly great in patches then utterly anonymous in others.

If he could keep up the good stuff more frequently rather than disappearing so frequently he'd do a lot more damage than he does.

You have to remember as well, Naismith struggled badly when he first joined us and look where he is now ( injury aside ). What Aluko has manages in just a couple of months is outstanding.

And yet our results don't match up to Naismith's presence. With Naisy in the side, for example, we trashed Celtic. With Aluko in the side we meekly lost and he was withdrawn after 66 minutes.

Aluko is talented, but not the presence, influence, and overall workhorse Naismith is.

And yet our results don't match up to Naismith's presence. With Naisy in the side, for example, we trashed Celtic. With Aluko in the side we meekly lost and he was withdrawn after 66 minutes.

Aluko is talented, but not the presence, influence, and overall workhorse Naismith is.

It took Naismith nearly 4 years to get to that level and you are asking Aluko to do it in 10 minutes. Just one question because I can't be bothered looking it up but has Aluko actually played in a losing team apart from the tims. He missed 2 and was a second half sub on one game if I remember right.

I did expect the site to crash there when I hit agree on Danny's post. :D Nearly did the same for the second one but didn't wanna push my luck. Fully agree with the sentiments of that second post.

Our squad is better with him than without him, but I don't really see him as a great deal better than Weiss who was similarly great in patches then utterly anonymous in others.

This bit about sums it up for me. I wouldn't mind keeping him but I dont see it being a major issue if we dont. I wouldn't say we've missed Weiss and dont think Aluko would be difficult to replace albeit he's a cheap option.

Shouldn't be on here, should be concentratin on El Classico. 2 defenders scoring for Barca.

I did expect the site to crash there when I hit agree on Danny's post. :D Nearly did the same for the second one but didn't wanna push my luck. Fully agree with the sentiments of that second post.

This bit about sums it up for me. I wouldn't mind keeping him but I dont see it being a major issue if we dont. I wouldn't say we've missed Weiss and dont think Aluko would be difficult to replace albeit he's a cheap option.

Shouldn't be on here, should be concentratin on El Classico. 2 defenders scoring for Barca.

Every winger in history blows hot and cold and as I said Aluko is just in the door. Absolutely crazy to be judging him before he has settled in. Even Sebo got longer before the daggers were out.