Every winger in history blows hot and cold and as I said Aluko is just in the door. Absolutely crazy to be judging him before he has settled in. Even Sebo got longer before the daggers were out.

Sebo didn't get longer from me. :D

I'm generally not too bad at giving players time. I was telling people how quality Naismith clearly was even when everyone else apparently didnt rate him 4 years ago. You can see a quality player even when they're off form sometimes.

And I think Aluko is decent enough. I'm just not in the "sign him up now" club. He's ok. But he's really nothing special I dont think and we wont overly miss him if he goes. Guys who've left recently like Miller and even Boyd would be tougher to replace. Aluko does improve our squad overall, but what he brings would not be massively missed nor difficult to replace if necessary.

Sebo didn't get longer from me. :D

I'm generally not too bad at giving players time. I was telling people how quality Naismith clearly was even when everyone else apparently didnt rate him 4 years ago. You can see a quality player even when they're off form sometimes.

And I think Aluko is decent enough. I'm just not in the "sign him up now" club. He's ok. But he's really nothing special I dont think and we wont overly miss him if he goes. Guys who've left recently like Miller and even Boyd would be tougher to replace. Aluko does improve our squad overall, but what he brings would not be massively missed nor difficult to replace if necessary.

Were we not trying for years to get an attacking left sided player. Funny enough we now have 2 but I don't think it will be as easy as you say to find one especially at the price we are willing to pay. Which is ZILCH.

Guys who've left recently like Miller and even Boyd would be tougher to replace.

That was the feeling BEFORE they left....there wasn't a problem once they did - the ball kept on rolling, and the goals kept on going in!!!

Aluko on the other hand....the only person who has done anything on the right wing recently has been Naismith, and he's oot. I would get Aluko signed long term - I would love to see Aluko on the left & Naisy on the right. Think those 2 together could cause mayhem in the SPL!!!

S_A's getting a doing here, and while I understand our desperate need for creative quality on the wings, I'm not sure Aluko is quite the sensation he's being portrayed as by the majority.

No one is making out that Aluko has been a sensation but he's been impressive, more than the others, in the games that he's played in. He's been our best player in a number of games.

Given his performances since signing compared to the rest of the squad, if someone feels that they dont mind him leaving there would be virtually nobody they would mind leaving. MOTM on a number if occasions already is pretty impressive when he still hasnt built that understanding with team-mates.

Given his performances since signing compared to the rest of the squad, if someone feels that they dont mind him leaving there would be virtually nobody they would mind leaving.

I said that at the start. Naisy, Jelavic, McGregor. Wouldnt be that bothered about anyone else going. Sure there's a number i'd prefer to keep and would even be happy if Aluko stayed as back up. But the rest could and would be replaced imo.

Everybody is replaceable SA, although Naisy going would give me some sleepless nights.

True. But I would not like to see the three mentioned go and would severely doubt our ability to replace them due to our finances and what they bring to the team. That said, I'm considering an on form Jela.

I said that at the start. Naisy, Jelavic, McGregor. Wouldnt be that bothered about anyone else going. Sure there's a number i'd prefer to keep and would even be happy if Aluko stayed as back up. But the rest could and would be replaced imo.

It could easily be argued that Aluko has been in better form than Jelavic since he came in. In fact, you would be hard pushed to suggest he hasnt. Now, Jelavic HAS proven himself so I can see why people wouldnt want to lose him. But, likewise, there is every chance that Aluko could, too, prove himself given the start to his Rangers career.

You say that he is easily replaced if we lost him. But given he is a natural left footed player (IMO playing on the right only because Naismith isnt there, otherwise he would be the LM, IMO) and given we have tried a number of others in that position this season (Wallace, Wylde, Papac....) I think that Aluko would make LM his own pretty swiftly. Personally I think he has more going for him than Wylde so he is one I would prefer to keep.

I am not as convinced as you are that he would be easily replaced given our current financial predicament as well as the fact that he has cost us nothing other than wages.

Opinions though, eh ?