Wouldnt bother my arse if we didn't sign him long term.

Only player in the squad I would be unduly upset if he left is Naismith. Even though he is injured.

Jela I expect to go at some point (preferably not Jan), but much like Davis he isn't producing the quality we know he has. At least Jela is scoring though.

Oh, forgot McGregor. Wouldn't want him leaving.

I'll call you a liar. He's by far our most creative player. Without him we play like we did against Killie a few weeks ago - boring, slow and dross. He's a shining light in the team the now and to say you wouldn't bother your arse if we didn't sign him is slightly surprising.

And McGregor? His form this season hasn't been a patch on his form of previous seasons. He looks lost at times!

I'll call you a liar. He's by far our most creative player. Without him we play like we did against Killie a few weeks ago - boring, slow and dross. He's a shining light in the team the now and to say you wouldn't bother your arse if we didn't sign him is slightly surprising.

And McGregor? His form this season hasn't been a patch on his form of previous seasons. He looks lost at times!

I honestly dont think he has anything that special. Compared to the rest of our current team (Naismith aside) maybe. But we had Weiss last year who could do a similar job.

Also didn't have any impact in the OF. And before anyone points out neither did the rest of the team, we're discussing Aluko and in the big game he failed to create or trouble the oppositions defence.

I dont think Aluko is that good at what he does that it would be hard to replace.

As I say, only losing Naismith would really bother me and to a lesser degree Jelavic although he needs to show more of his true quality.

I honestly dont think he has anything that special. Compared to the rest of our current team (Naismith aside) maybe. But we had Weiss last year who could do a similar job.

Also didn't have any impact in the OF. And before anyone points out neither did the rest of the team, we're discussing Aluko and in the big game he failed to create or trouble the oppositions defence.

I dont think Aluko is that good at what he does that it would be hard to replace.

As I say, only losing Naismith would really bother me and to a lesser degree Jelavic although he needs to show more of his true quality.

Gazza's right. He's the only one with any inspiration or creativity. I don't know how you can say that he isn't that hard to replace as we've been crying out for a winger for years and have failed to sign anyone adequate.

He's been our best player in virtually every game he's played for us.

Asfor the OF game, he started off brightly and fell away a bit but can you base your opinion on a player on one game? What player hasn't failed to deliver for us in big games on occasions? Aluko has played better in his first couple of months with us than Naismith did in his first couple of months.

Your right Lionel Messi would have been a far better option.;)

S_A, your opinion is as welcome as anyone else's... but it's wrong ;)

Seriously though, this is one instance where I am stunned by your stance. Since Aluko has come to Ibrox almost everything positive we have done has come from him. Given he will cost us very little (just the training compensation) I would say that if we can get him signed up on a longer-term deal we have pulled off a massive bargain.

Lets not forget that you are basing him on 4 or 5 appearances - we all know that player's take time to gel and a handful of games isnt sufficient. On top of that Aluko has come to us without having played for about 6 months IIRC. So he probably still isnt even match fit, and probably lacking half a yard of pace. But once he is fully match fit and gelled with the rest of the team I think he could be a real handful for us.

IMO, we will have very potent flanks with Aluko on one side and Naismith on the other, if McCoist goes into an attack mode.

He actually played in the recent Killie game Gav. I think it was his first game for us though and he hadn't trained with the team for long either, so it can't really be counted in terms of assessing the guy (IMO).

I really can't believe that anyone could question whether the lad deserves a longer-term contract or not because he's come into the team and shown more ball skill and ability to create chances up front than most wingers I've seen play for us in a good number of years. Weiss did it, Naismith did it and others have done it too, but it's not easy to find such a talented winger for so little money these days. Naismith cost us a lot of money and I'm a huge fan of his. Weiss would be an amazing signing for us in my opinion, especially for next season, but these guys aren't cheap. We've got an opportunity to sign Aluko for a very small fee and to me, that's an opportunity that would be very very foolish to allow to pass us by.

Edited by Zappa

I really can't believe that anyone could question whether the lad deserves a longer-term contract or not because he's come into the team and shown more ball skill and ability to create chances up front than most wingers I've seen play for us in a good number of years. Weiss did it, Naismith did it and others have done it too, but it's not easy to find such a talented winger for so little money these days. Naismith cost us a lot of money and I'm a huge fan of his. Weiss would be an amazing signing for us in my opinion, especially for next season, but these guys aren't cheap. We've got an opportunity to sign Aluko for a very small fee and to me, that's an opportunity that would be very very foolish to allow to pass us by.

The jury has reached their decision.

Wallet and fountain pen out, Mr Whyte.