1972. Greatest Ever 'Gers team in living memory...

Good on you GA it's all about opinions, but the '72 team (in Europe) were the best end of.

I hate it when people say "end of" because it is passing something off as fact. In this instance one person's fact is another person's fiction.

For me.... the 92/93 team is the best that I have had the pleasure of watching. However, given I was born in 1973 I would NEVER try to suggest that is the best Rangers team ever - simply because there were some wonderful teams that I simply havent had the chance to see in action.

I hate it when people say "end of" because it is passing something off as fact. In this instance one person's fact is another person's fiction.

For me.... the 92/93 team is the best that I have had the pleasure of watching. However, given I was born in 1973 I would NEVER try to suggest that is the best Rangers team ever - simply because there were some wonderful teams that I simply havent had the chance to see in action.

I too hate it when people say 'end of' that's why I replied to GA medicine for medicine......

GREATEST EVER 'GERS TEAM IN LIVING MEMORY....1972. If anyone can say there is a better team than that team then good on you?

That's all I'm saying? My stance is the '72 team was the Greatest.

I too hate it when people say 'end of' that's why I replied to GA medicine for medicine......

GREATEST EVER 'GERS TEAM IN LIVING MEMORY....1972. If anyone can say there is a better team than that team then good on you?

That's all I'm saying? My stance is the '72 team was the Greatest.

As soon as you say "living memory" that changes the discussion, simply because your living memory isnt mine - I was born in 1973 so best team in my living memory is 92/93 whilst you saw both that team AND the 1972 team and think the '72 team was better - which is most definitely your prerogative.

And that is why I hate when someone says "end of" - it is only "end of" for the person suggesting it - unless they have watched ALL the prior Gers teams to be able to assess them, and even then it is about opinions.

Anyway, the '72 team must have been some team to be better than the 92/93 team. Durrant was my idol. Amazing player.

As soon as you say "living memory" that changes the discussion, simply because your living memory isnt mine - I was born in 1973 so best team in my living memory is 92/93 whilst you saw both that team AND the 1972 team and think the '72 team was better - which is most definitely your prerogative.

And that is why I hate when someone says "end of" - it is only "end of" for the person suggesting it - unless they have watched ALL the prior Gers teams to be able to assess them, and even then it is about opinions.

Anyway, the '72 team must have been some team to be better than the 92/93 team. Durrant was my idol. Amazing player.

Ok, 1972 'living memory' is only for 'auld yins' like me...so why are you replying to this post when you weren't even born?

Back off Craig 1972 team was a better team than 1993 for one reason mate.

Ok, 1972 'living memory' is only for 'auld yins' like me...so why are you replying to this post when you weren't even born?

Back off Craig 1972 team was a better team than 1993 for one reason mate.

I was agreeing with you my man, in that I cant say the 72 team wasnt better because I wasnt around.

You old boys have seen much more fitba than me ;)

Would like to add here for the benefit of young 'nipper snappers' like Craig. Rangers had far superior teams than '93. The '93 team came close to European glory but I watched that team and no way were they better than the teams from the great era of the 60's & 70s.

I put this thread on for a reason, not to be challenged, just for fellow bears to see how great we used to be.

WATP.

In my own defence I was a little worse for wear when I posted that on Saturday night, so I will take the "end of" statement back. I never saw the 72 team was still in my nappies unless you've actually watched both teams play live you can't compare them. So I can only go with my own experience of watching Rangers.

We should just be happy that we can remember having so many great teams over the years.

On another wee sidenote I'm reading "Temple of Dreams" at the moment and although it's more about Ibrox than the actual playing side it does bring back the fact that we should've been far more successful in Europe.

Edited by GovanAllan

Another argument for the 92/93 team being better is that 54andcounting and 26th of Foot are of an age when their faculties are starting to go and therefore can't really be relied upon.

:D

Edited by Bluedell

Here's a question. For those who remember both sides well, which of the 92/93 team would get into the 72 team?

Goram? McCoist and/or Hateley? Gough?

One of the big things about the 92/93 team was that it was a great team, not a group of great individuals, but it'd be interesting to get people's views on it.

Another argument for the 92/93 team being better is that 54andcounting and 26th of Foot are of an age when their facilities are starting to go and therefore can't really be relied upon.

:D

Not the only ones apparently... :whistle: