Must admit he's in much better form right now than he was at the start of the season.

He's getting in the right positions to intercept attacks, his use of the ball is a lot better, he makes said interceptions more frequently, and he's looking a bit more like the player he was at the run in during '52 when he replaced Thomson.

He's not exactly Michael Essien, but on current form he isn't a wasted shirt nor is he frustrating as he previously was.

I think he deserves a bit of credit for pulling his form back.

(and as I said elsewhere, he was the one who scored V Aberdeen)

... and with more responsibility on his shoulders (i.e. no Jelavic to rely on), Davis too seems to get his act together. Not it is important that these two and Aluko keep their current form, and Celik provides another spark. Whether that is enough to march to No. 55 remains to be seen, but the omens are a lot less "doomy" than three weeks ago.

(On a sidenote, we created near as many shots on goal these last two games, only that we missed out on a few sitters against the Dons. Any other day, we easily might have scored 3 or 4 too. It also tells us that chances and goals are coming from more sources than Jelavic, so playing solely to his abilities is not the way required to win games ... especially as he seems to be needing too many chances to score himeslf, being a human too.)

I think it's great to see him player better these days. He must be the most improved player at Ibrox and he's still young.

On his current form, I'm glad Ally didn't sell him, even though he's frustrated me numerous times.

Seems to be playing more forward and it's doing him good.

The crucial change for me is that Edu is now playing to his strengths. He is a big athletic boy who covers a lot of ground and can run the legs off most players playing directly against him. The big plus for me is that he's recently added a wee nasty side to his game. The number of bookings he's had in the last few games reflects that. Like it or not in British football you need a bit of badness in the middle of the park. Win the physical battle then win the game, that tends to be the way it goes.

One other thing about Edu, I've noticed that his best runs of form tend to come immediately after old firm games. He's struggled in the old firm games over the piece , especially at their midden, and it seems to me he's got it into his head that he can't play well there. Once those games are out of the way for a while his confidence seems to rise.

I think Edu has played well for more than just a few games, he's been our best midfielder so far this season, didn't start the season well but has been good for most of it IMO. Long may it continue and lets hope Davis can keep to the level he showed yesterday, both were superb even though Hibs are a poor side.

Edu has been a stand out recently but on occasion he still gives possession away in the middle of the park when dithering and the fans give him pelters for it but most of the time he wins the ball back and sets up another charge forward. He's definitely the most improved player on the books, no doubt about it.

That's my only criticism of him right now, he tends to have a few slack passes in a game. Against Hibs he did it a few times and a couple of times he gave possession away in our half. In saying that he's getting really good at breaking up the oppositions attack and then starting a quick counter attack. He's also getting into the opposition box more and likes a crack at goal.

Funny how not long ago almost everyone was wanting rid of him (myself included), now he's gettin plaudits for being one of our best midfielders so far this season.