Officials decisions the last two home games!

Watch my sons every week, depending on the score the BS steadily gets worse. Joking aside the level of intimidation and abuse these guys get from parents, coaches and even the kids on the park is shocking. They give up their weekends for petrol money so the kids can play football and they get treated worse than shit. One team in particular from Hamilton the worst I've seen.

I looked into it but decided against it when I joined the feds. Like you said, they're allowing kids to play football and they get verbally abused something rotten from it and it's not from the kids either!

Why can't people (adults) behave themselves? It's only a game of football.

I looked into it but decided against it when I joined the feds. Like you said, they're allowing kids to play football and they get verbally abused something rotten from it and it's not from the kids either!

Why can't people (adults) behave themselves? It's only a game of football.

I have noticed the worse the coaches are the worse the kds on the park seem to be, have to say Strathaven Dynamo drum it into the boys there will be no back chat on the park.

Of course doesn't stop short fuse Dad here who's had words with a few of the opposing teams supporters and coaches much to my own shame after the incident.

Refs and their apologists like to say that they're only human, but some of their decisions tell me they're inhuman.:devil:

Football is the only major sport not to have some form of video evidence during play to help the refs/umpires.

Even if Sepp was to turn, I doubt very much whether there would be cameras at kids/junior games.

Its a world wide dilema and it's time it had a worldwide solution. Or at the very least, some help.

Even if the video evidence is not conclusive, you stay with the man on the field's original decision, so they've not lost all their power, it's just been diluted at the price of correct and just decisions.

The Refs are poor the linesmen are even worse. The big question should be why have they caved into the Septic pressure this year as is shown with all the stats and not in the years before, could it be someone has had a word in their ear and was Dallas removed so this quiet word could be given and the stupid Email is just a poor excuse.

Dallas was more than happy to leave the SFA; he has a much better job with UEFA.

Hardly an apples for apples comparison - although some would say that refereeing can be hazardous to one's health ;)

I was just making the point that referees learn the Laws of the Game in the same way as people learn the Rules of the Road and they can also referee school or youth games before they are qualified much like you learn to drive; but you don't really learn till you go out there on your own.

One thing I do know... I wouldnt want to be a ref in the environment in which they have to officiate these days, both from the perspective of dealing with club officials & fans as well as being subjected to increased scrutiny through technology.

Agree with G_A, linesmen are 10 times worse than referees.

I know you will say this is the referees' union speaking and so it is but I had 2 spells as a linesman in the senior foootball in the late 70's/early 80's (including an appearance at Wembley and John Greig's Testimonial) and it was an incredibly difficult job then and it is more difficult now because the game is so much faster.

Consider that often you cannot look at the player kicking the ball, who may well be some way to the side of your line of sight, or you have to look at him or her at the same time as looking across the line. Since this is a physical impossibility most times you have to listen for the ball being kicked forward rather than see that happen because you are focused on offside. That means you have to be staring across the line of the last defender (at the same as worrying that the attacker will slice his kick or a defender will intercept and send the ball out for a throw in) and in order to match the TV replays you would have to be able to freeze frame the action with the naked eye at the same time as applying a right angled triangle.

At least in my day you could give the decision there and then, now you have to wait till the player in the offside position touches the ball, making you look very slow and incurring the wrath of the defenders.

Not an easy job, I can assure you.