Time to Clean House

Ally was never Whyte's choice, I think Ally will be maneuvered out eventually. I just pray Ally wins us 4iar, plus it will look good on his CV.

I agree mate I want nothing more than for him to win as I said in my post, but the fact remains there seems to be major trust issues between the two of them and that's no good for Rangers which is all that matters.

Things haven't gone so well lately and while the coaching staff are not getting brilliant results they are at least doing pretty average and as you'd expect for the resources we have - especially when you factor in the loss of Naismith, Lafferty, whatever has been happening with Wylde, the retrospective bannings, the tax case and transfer speculation for Jelavic.

I've been highly critical of Eck and PLG in the past but the point then was that they were miles behind Celtic and struggling to stay ahead of the chasing pack - and in one occasion beaten by a club with a lot less resources. Compare and contrast with one point behind Celtic - despite them having more resources and far less troubles to face than we have, and we're a country mile ahead of clubs with less resources than us. So what exactly have the management team done to deserve a sacking?

I therefore can't see the need to replace the management as yet and you really have to wonder not only who would be able to do a better job under the circumstances but also who would actually volunteer for what is an incredibly difficult and obviously totally thankless task with very little job security and with such a huge cloud hanging over the club?

Basically we are doing about as well as you could expect under the circumstances - and while our position is difficult to swallow, it's time for us to show some character.

If doing an ok job under very trying circumstances and not being the best of the best against very difficult odds is a sacking offence, then I fear most of us should be on the dole...

The general consensus is the league is gone (not my belief yet) if this is true why not get a new coaching staff in know and give them time to get ready for next season.

The League is gone? 1 point, potentially 4 behind. :D

Personally, right now, I dont believe we will win the league. :( But that's a damn sight different to the league being gone. If the gap was 10 or more points I might agree. But then we had that gap earlier in the season. Things can change.

Ally was never Whyte's choice, I think Ally will be maneuvered out eventually.

His club, he didn't have to honour SDM's appointment. When he took over he could easily have brought in his own management team. Ally was his choice too - if he wasn't, he wouldn't be the manager.

Whyte had no issue getting rid of the old board, can't see that getting a new manager would make him lose much sleep either.

The League is gone? 1 point, potentially 4 behind. :D

Personally, right now, I dont believe we will win the league. :( But that's a damn sight different to the league being gone. If the gap was 10 or more points I might agree. But then we had that gap earlier in the season. Things can change.

Well, if you don't think we'll win the league then technically the league is gone. No matter who's on top right now or what the points margin is.

His club, he didn't have to honour SDM's appointment. When he took over he could easily have brought in his own management team. Ally was his choice too - if he wasn't, he wouldn't be the manager.

Whyte had no issue getting rid of the old board, can't see that getting a new manager would make him lose much sleep either.

Ally was promised the job well before Whyte came, don't think sacking Ally was his first priority. Think that was Bain, anyways can you imagine the furore if he had removed Ally without giving him the time to show what he could achieve on his own? not even Whyte is that daft.

Anyways i'm pleased because i think Super will win the League this year, think of the revenues on the DVD sales with 'Against all odds' the story how Ally McCoist took on all comers, foreign and domestic and triumphed. Fook me i'm starting to well up at the thought.