Rangers: The truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth

I see on FF there is an active recruiting program going on for membership of the RST, i'm thinking of joining. I know a few on here on have history with the RST but do you think this would be advisable at this time? our club needs our support and i am eager to help in some way, is this a way of helping it?

Not sure that it'll make a huge difference. The RST have not had any meetings with Whyte on their own, as far as I know, and have only gone as part of an Assembly delegation, and therefore it's unlikely they will get any in the near future.

Their statement calling for an AGM is certainly a start, although personally I think it should go further.

The RST don't seem to have any obvious plan of action as far as Whyte is concerned and therefore membership numbers are irrelevant. If they up their game then it may be worthwhile but I reckon they will be cautious for a while yet as they won't want to bite the hand that feeds as they are still not certain about Whyte.

Edited by Bluedell

But will he actually answer truthfully, or at all ? An open door doesnt mean he will answer what they want answered.

No, he will not. Of course! ... or maybe he will. How would we know? It is embarrassing that there is apparently a consensus that he is an even murkier figure than SDM and his deals ever was. As if we ever fully knew what SDM did. Or the chap that is the Hooped Horrors' boss beyond the Irish Sea. IMHO, we have been well groomed and trained by the doomsingers amongst ourselves and the media.

As I pointed out above, he will not reveal any stuff that is regarded confidental all over the world at any other club. Full stop. And much of what people want to know falls into this category. And that was the way under all managers we had before.

Just a thought for us Rangers fans to think about.

Have we been shafted so badly over the years that we are incapable of trusting any owner?

I think we are and that includes us as well, fan ownership would lead to all the factions thinking they could do it better and nothing would get done for infighting.

All thou I did like a lot of what Calscot had to say.

Not sure that it'll make a huge difference. The RST have not had any meetings with Whyte on their own, as far as I know, and have only gone as part of an Assembly delegation, and therefore it's unlikely they will get any in the near future.

Their statement calling for an AGM is certainly a start, although personally I think it should go further.

The RST don't seem to have any obvious plan of action as far as Whyte is concerned and therefore membership numbers are irrelevant. If they up their game then it may be worthwhile but I reckon they will be cautious for a while yet as they won't want to bite the hand that feeds as they are still not certain about Whyte.

We had one in October BD. It was on our website at the time.

Craig, I think your ideas are what will be required if the shit really hits the fan. I see the merits in the concept as a pro-active "what if" precautionary measure, but it won't get enough support from the wider fanbase (like 200,000 people) to make it worthwhile. It wouldn't even get the support and hard cash of 10k fans unless the shit actually hits the fan.

What I would suggest is that the only sensible/prudent thing to do is wait and see how things pan out with the tax case then take it from there.

Assuming the club survives the tax case, then my own preference for fan investment is a player fund because the attraction of being able to contribute to a fund that allows the aquisition of high quality players will attract a large number of fans. If the fans knew that their investment in such a fund is only for the transfer market, ie the buying and selling of players, then I honestly think they would contribute in LARGE numbers. Such a scheme is possibly the only way that the club can field high quality players, be successful domestically and challenge well in Europe in future years.

Then, Zappa, there is no reason to not start a fund of such type now. If we lose the tax case it goes towwards that liability. If we win, it becomes a player funding fund.

The problem with waiting till the shit hits the fan is that you dont get time from HMRC to make payments - and how many people would pay 3, 4, 500 quid in one lump sum to help out ?

I just wish we were more pro-active, but we cant even agree on anything, let alone a fund of such type.