Ibrox Noise: Have the BBC Forgotten About Fairness?

http://ibroxnoise.blogspot.com/2012/02/have-bbc-forgotten-about-fairness.html

Rangers fans have had a long-standing axe to grind with the BBC, especially its Scottish headquarters situated at Pacific Quay. The issues with the corporation go back some years, and include incidents such as the website carrying a picture of Kevin Thomson which contained the hidden tag of 'c*nt' attached. It was later removed, but clearly someone had reason to imbue the image in this unprofessional manner. There was also the reporting from outside Ibrox of the Neil Lennon postal bomb and bullet threat, as if implying it was most definitely a Rangers fan responsible for such a heinous act...

I don't always go for the conspiracy theories but when it comes to the BBC I am convinced there is an ongoing campaign. The way anything remotely negative or damaging to Rangers is given top billing and the various negative Celtic stories are, at best skimmed over and at worst ignored altogether speaks for itself. If this makes me a zealot or an extremist then so be it.

Good blog Danny. Would you consider doing one on Whyte? Ie pro's & cons, fulfilled promises & failed promises, fact & tabloid fodder? I thought about doing 1 due to, what I believe is, unfair criticism fuelled by media speculation.

I would but I'm working 69 hrs p/w atm & dont really have time to sift through the information available.

And never forget the scandalous editing of the Ally McCoist interview. How that has just been swept under the carpet, I fail to grasp

Completely forgot to put that in. It was pretty abysmal.

Good blog Danny. Would you consider doing one on Whyte? Ie pro's & cons, fulfilled promises & failed promises, fact & tabloid fodder? I thought about doing 1 due to, what I believe is, unfair criticism fuelled by media speculation.

I would find it hard to do another one on Whyte because I don't think my analysis of his performance would be impartial enough - I did a piece on him a few months ago and it was mostly scathing with few positives (and I struggled to conjure them up).

I would but I'm working 69 hrs p/w atm & dont really have time to sift through the information available.

I loosely put myself in the 'skeptic' camp regarding his performance so far, and his past history, but in this latest blog I kept my opinion of him and his practises completely out of it and focused purely on the evidence regarding the BBC's reporting of him.

And I can only conclude they've 'forgotten about fairness'.