Worst day in our history?

What will mean admin to us then? Losing 10 points and probably a title (though that remains to be seen). And some dignity too, perhaps? At least for a few weeks, month or the like. Sure the Hooped Horrors will have their laughs, yet, as the saying goes: haughtiness preceeds the fall. It is them running up debts right now with hardly any success to show for it. (And how will we laugh when they succumb in next season's CL qualifiers, which they will.) Does anyone really remember that Motherwell was in admin too?

Administration will be a sad episode indeed, but only an episode in our long history. We saw it all coming, we got a good amount of joy and success from the days that made today happen, so we have to face the music and dance. This is all history now and in months to come, the events of today and this next fortnight will be history too. Now we have to show the dignity that befits our club, at least to the outside world.

NB: And we will see in days to come how HMRC will run amok with other clubs over the use of EBTs and whatnot, won't we? (I have a strange feeling we won't and by then, questions should be asked.)

Strange that really. I was certain I was reading at the beginning of the season that the champions this year were to go straight into the groups, but that was probably journos, and we all know what shite they write.

Strange that really. I was certain I was reading at the beginning of the season that the champions this year were to go straight into the groups, but that was probably journos, and we all know what shite they write.

A lot of people were saying that at the beginning of the season due to journalists but everyone who had a gander at the UEFA site or Bert Kassies' site came back with the consistent conclusion that the champs go into the 3rd champs qualifier (an improvement over the 2nd of this season) and the runners up go into the 2nd non-champs qualifier (an improvement over the Europa qualifier).

Other than the disaster I certainly think it is. Disastrous results pale in comparison to the very existence of the club being under threat. I wonder if AJ and Paul Murray's 'bid to wrestle control of the club is back on and is that just more hot air from former board members.

Certainly can't think of a feeling like it in my lifetime, of course it could never compare to the loss of lives. But the league losses, the embarrassing defeats, the clear-outs under Murray to try and come to terms with the debts, all the talk of the financial difficulties before Whyte took over all pale in comparison to the feeling of yesterday. Not sure if it ever truly felt real until then. A real knot in the stomach and a lump in the throat.

What will mean admin to us then? Losing 10 points and probably a title (though that remains to be seen). And some dignity too, perhaps? At least for a few weeks, month or the like. Sure the Hooped Horrors will have their laughs, yet, as the saying goes: haughtiness preceeds the fall. It is them running up debts right now with hardly any success to show for it. (And how will we laugh when they succumb in next season's CL qualifiers, which they will.) Does anyone really remember that Motherwell was in admin too?

Administration will be a sad episode indeed, but only an episode in our long history. We saw it all coming, we got a good amount of joy and success from the days that made today happen, so we have to face the music and dance. This is all history now and in months to come, the events of today and this next fortnight will be history too. Now we have to show the dignity that befits our club, at least to the outside world.

NB: And we will see in days to come how HMRC will run amok with other clubs over the use of EBTs and whatnot, won't we? (I have a strange feeling we won't and by then, questions should be asked.)

They are ? They announced yesterday that they had reduced their bank debt by 2 million in their half yearly financials. Their bank debt stands at a very serviceable 7 million quid.

Other than the disaster, of course, is this the worst day in the history of the club?

I think today - officially, other than the disasters of course, is the worst day in the history of RFC. From the announcement of likelihood of admin, to it actually happening.