Paul Murray registers interest in buying Rangers

.. for installing the EBTs and thus creating the mess? That's correct then. He can't be blamed for the credit crunch and his massive losses though. There are a number of factors here and no single person is solely at fault. No matter what, once HMRC lodged their interest and went into their cash-back frenzy mode, the events of this week would have happened no matter who was at the helm.

He can however be blamed for taking the 20 pieces of silver from the financial rapist that is Craig Whyte despite being warned time and time again what was going to happen.

The events of this week are 100% the sole responsibility of one man and one man alone.

I honestly don't think anyone will step forward until the big tax case result is announced - there is just too much uncertainty @ the moment.

I believe more than ever that the plan is to liquidate. The resulting Phoenix company would then be debt free & no big tax thread looming. Once that has happened, I think Mr Whyte will have a line of possible buyers looking to buy the club on the cheap. The new owner will have a club with established reputation world wide, hopefully a decent first 11 team...and no debt - a VERY attractive prospect.

I hope to fuck we don;t go into liquidation. Our history stop there and then :/

He can however be blamed for taking the 20 pieces of silver from the financial rapist that is Craig Whyte despite being warned time and time again what was going to happen.

The events of this week are 100% the sole responsibility of one man and one man alone.

And you kindly ignore HMRC. Well, if you hate Whyte for getting us into this, so be it. But HMRC will not have gone away and would have dealt the killer blow as soon as they could. So for all the blaming of Whyte, we hardly get an sensible answer on the HMRC topic from the blamers.

I hope to fuck we don;t go into liquidation. Our history stop there and then :/

I hope so as well. With regard to the history - that can't be changed or taken in folks memories. It also can't be removed from the timeline of the club - liquidation would simply be another event on that timeline!!! (IMHO...)

the events of this week would have happened no matter who was at the helm.

That's not correct mate. If Whyte had been keeping up with the club's PAYE & NIC payments then this mess might have been averted. CW is trying to blame it all on HMRC and the previous board when in actual fact, it's under his tenure that the club has been failing to pay it's bills while large sums of money apparently go missing, lost in the ether.

we hardly get an sensible answer on the HMRC topic from the blamers.

Please don't try and turn yet another discussion into a tit-for-tat dB.

To be fair Zappa he has asked this questions several times and got no answer.

Everyone is Whyte bashing, maybe he deserves it, maybe he doesn't but the fact remains no one has had a sensible answer for getting away from HMRC & for people like myself who don't have any knowledge in this subject area it then makes it look like the posters are in fact just Whyte bashing and nothing else.

Edited by Ergatrude
Adding a quote.

To be fair Zappa he has asked this questions several times and got no answer.

Everyone is Whyte bashing, maybe he deserves it, maybe he doesn't but the fact remains no one has had a sensible answer for getting away from HMRC & for people like myself who don't have any knowledge in this subject area it then makes it look like the posters are in fact just Whyte bashing and nothing else.

The simple answer isn't pretty mate (hence the reluctance to say it).

Liquidation will get us away from HMRC.

Please don't try and turn yet another discussion into a tit-for-tat dB.

I don't. All I hear from forlanssister is accusations of Whyte being responsible for putting is into administration et al. Which is utterly wrong. Sure he caused it earlier because of the apparent non-payment of VAT, PAYE and whatnot, so admins was instigated this week. But this HMRC big case was coming up and we know HMRCs intent to go through all tiers and ruin us, so admin was coming all along. And I simply ask all the Whyte blamers whether they have a better option than what Whyte did? No, because there is not. HMRC would have come after us, whether under the "helm" of AJ, Paul Murray, Craig Whyte or someone else. And they would have ruined the club one way or another. But still the blamers go on and on about this being solely Whyte's doing and failure. I do not want to protect him, for I have no reason to do this whatsoever, but some folk should really take their glasses off here. Or present a solution that would have fended off HMRCs 50odd million claims.