Whyte, Hero or conman-poll

Whyte saviour or conman  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Whyte saviour or conman

• Craig Whyte is the saviour of our club
    • Craig Whyte is a conman

Here's a thought - if Celtic were in the same situation and along came a guy called for example Patrick O'Hare who conducted himself in exactly the same way...would there be such an outcry from their own fans about the morality of depriving the public purse of cash to "save" Celtic?

I think not.

Not even a little bit. They have no shame and that was totally proven four years ago with the O'Donnell/Burns/Japanese tour tactics.

They are like that top to bottom - for example when the opposition put the ball out of play in Celtic's half because a Celtic player is down, instead of giving them the ball back, they throw to one of their own players who does the rugby tactic of kicking the ball to touch as far up in the opposition's half as they can and then proceed to press the ball. They also did this last year against Rangers and almost scored as a result. I mentioned to a Tim friend how he couldn't be happy if they scored from that situation as it's about as unsporting as you can get. He's usually a decent guy but in this instance he replied he'd love it if Celtic scored against us in this way...

I don't think it's that interesting as it seems obvious. You can't fully trust someone when you're clueless as to their motivations in what is pretty much an undercover job.

However, you can fully distrust them...

The poll is not an even one in that respect.

I didn't vote because I don't agree with the language of the options. "Saviour" might the wrong word for him but I do trust that he is doing this both for his own good and for the club. Maybe in time he will be viewed more of a saviour but not for a season or two.

Guest carter001

I go with both.

He is a conman but, ultimately, this will best the best thing for the club in the long run. If he never came in we would have still went into administration. The route we took to get there is the only thing that changed and, for the £9m that hasn't been paid, it looks like an 'in for a penny, in for a pound' situation. Why pay cash out when you know whats coming and you can get away with a fraction of it.

As for all the lies he has told... well, would you anounce that this was your plan.if so, criminal charges would be forthcoming. He has to play it as if he tried everything possible to prevent it but, the big bad man just done too much damage.

He has vast experience in this and probably planned this as much as possible. Whether it all goes to plan is another question.

That telegraph article is pretty anti-Rangers and anti-Craig Whyte. The language used is inflammatory and also appears a good way to bash Scotland again (probably to do with the Independence vote).

"Shona Robison, the Scottish National Party’s Sports Minister, spoke to the administrators from Duff and Phelps, apparently more concerned with saving the club than recouping the tax that is due."

No love there.

As for Whyte? I just don't know. It's difficult to have an opinion with all the mis-information out there just now. My opinion swings daily pretty much.

Guest Borheidbear

Yes, interesting that as MANY as four trust him. He hasn't fulfilled one promise he made to the supporters. And now hasn't passed on to HMRC the PAYE and NI he has collected from salary deductions!! Wakey Wakey bears, the man is a crook. Do not believe a word he says!!

Yes, interesting that as MANY as four trust him. He hasn't fulfilled one promise he made to the supporters. And now hasn't passed on to HMRC the PAYE and NI he has collected from salary deductions!! Wakey Wakey bears, the man is a crook. Do not believe a word he says!!

Having heard the Administrators just now, I agree. We're in the crap because of the extra debt from non payment of PAYE and NI contributions. Not looking good for Whyte.

Dr Harold Shipman conned people for years murdering over 300 patients, I know Whyte hasn't been convicted of murder, but I think the guy will murder RFC if we don't get him the fuck out of Govan.

Conning wee old ladies is a bit different from conning a "Captain of Industry" or Her Majesty's Revenue.