Has Rangers become just another immoral company?

I have always been proud of our club. I believe it was once described as one of the top two great Scottish institutions, along with the Church of Scotland. We had morals. We tried to live up to the standards of Bill Struth. It was something to believe in.

It appears that over the last 9 months that the club has moved away from these standards and deliberately set out to avoid paying PAYE and VAT. Less cash into the public purse is something that affects us, our parents and our children. Itâ??s not some nameless corporation that doesnâ??t impact anyone.

The club has deliberately continued to trade with other clubs and suppliers, knowing that they would not get paid. This is peopleâ??s livelihoods that are being messed with.

There seems to be some fans who think that this is a good approach to take. It is the sort of approach that I would expect from other clubs.

Is it survival at any cost? Do we care if we shaft people along the way? Does the end justify the means? Is that what our once great club has resorted to?

Obviously the PAYE & VAT is the biggy, but for me, what appears to be deliberately screwing over smaller football clubs who really need the money for their own survival is utterly shameful. Figures of eighty or a hundred grand is a LOT of money to small clubs like ICT, Dunfermline etc. Obviously you can argue that if another SPL club went into admin there's every chance that we could get stiffed ourselves, but that's not really the point. Rangers should never ever be in a position where it's shafting fellow Scottish football clubs out of money owed to them. It's a total disgrace and blight on our club's history.

I believe the Club's behaviour during Craig Whyte's tenure to be reprehensible. To deduct tax, national insurance, and vat at source and not pass on the monies is immoral.

I am assuming that some of our creditors are those companies that have provided services to the club this last decade. You know, Primus, Response Handling, Azure, Carnegie Partnership, Premier Property Group, ........................ etc, all owned by SDM. In that case, good; Karma is a bitch.

I believe the Club's behaviour during Craig Whyte's tenure to be reprehensible. To deduct tax, national insurance, and vat at source and not pass on the monies is immoral.

I am assuming that some of our creditors are those companies that have provided services to the club this last decade. You know, Primus, Response Handling, Azure, Carnegie Partnership, Premier Property Group, ........................ etc, all owned by SDM. In that case, good; Karma is a bitch.

Azure was bought by a very large French group called Elior a good while back mate.

I think any immorality started a lot longer ago than 9 months.

As soon as business stuck their greedy snouts into the game, it's gone the same way as any other activity that they're unconcerned about has gone.

Making money, at any cost has been with us for too long.

I think the morality judgement should be reserved until it's established as to whether monies are never paid or whether they are just deferred.

It may be immoral not to pay someone, but is it really immoral to pay someone late? With regards the tax, you also have to factor in how the tax man is preventing Rangers from trading properly and costing the club money on a weekly basis. Is what HMRC have been doing 100% morally correct? I really don't think so. If we win the tax case, what they will have done to us is far worse than anything Whyte has done and indeed they will have been the main cause of Whyte's actions in the first place. If it is indeed a fact that they plan to "appeal and appeal and appeal again" then they are definitely the root cause of those actions - they have forced Whyte into a corner.

There is no black and white here.

I would hope that Rangers pay the other clubs in Scotland in full when we are back on our feet (although I would make that prick Thompson wait long after the rest) and I'm sure whoever is in charge will make it happen. If not we must remind said person who we are and how we behave.

I would hope that Rangers pay the other clubs in Scotland in full when we are back on our feet (although I would make that prick Thompson wait long after the rest) and I'm sure whoever is in charge will make it happen. If not we must remind said person who we are and how we behave.

Why only the clubs? Why not the small suppliers who are struggling due to this?

The club currently owes me £1,500, for example, but I accept that it is unlikely that I will get fully paid but I fail to see why the clubs should get paid in front of many other creditors.

It's a nice thing to wish for but it's very unrealistic, given the amounts that are owed.