Strathclyde Police Investigation

I've just read this on STV: The administrators also confirmed that Ticketus are not secured creditors, meaning that Mr Whyte is the only one in the process of trying to agree any creditors voluntary agreement.

Am I reading this wrong or are they saying that if they can verify the validity of Whyte's secured creditor status, then he is the only one who has to agree to the CVA? So potentially he could say he would settle for 10p in the pound and therefore every other creditor would have to as well because they aren't secure?

Or, have I just reached a new height of accountancy confusion?

I've just read this on STV: The administrators also confirmed that Ticketus are not secured creditors, meaning that Mr Whyte is the only one in the process of trying to agree any creditors voluntary agreement.

Am I reading this wrong or are they saying that if they can verify the validity of Whyte's secured creditor status, then he is the only one who has to agree to the CVA? So potentially he could say he would settle for 10p in the pound and therefore every other creditor would have to as well because they aren't secure?

If only that was the case! He is trying to engineer himself into that scenario or at least he was...HMRC will still have a massive say on the value of a CVA and if they are willing to accept one at all. The secure creditors don't get to vote in the agreement but the unsecured ones do so HMRC could very well say "we want 90p in the £" and effectively liquidate us.

Let's hope Cameron and all the other political messages have filtered through to HMRC and that they will go for a deal that is feasible for Rangers to pay.

If only that was the case! He is trying to engineer himself into that scenario or at least he was...HMRC will still have a massive say on the value of a CVA and if they are willing to accept one at all. The secure creditors don't get to vote in the agreement but the unsecured ones do so HMRC could very well say "we want 90p in the £" and effectively liquidate us.

Let's hope Cameron and all the other political messages have filtered through to HMRC and that they will go for a deal that is feasible for Rangers to pay.

So where is the benefit of being a secured creditor then?

Any available cash goes (up to the value of the security) to pay off the secured creditor and then the balance gets shared between the unsecured creditors.

Edited by Bluedell

capstans on here proved the other day that it is the UNSECURED creditors that determine whether a company enters a CVA.

I think what that statement is saying is that CW is the only secured creditor and that the club are trying to seek a CVA.