Octopus (Ticketus) Issue statement re Rangers

http://www.octopusinvestments.com/press/news.html?newsId=363

OCTOPUS PRESS STATEMENT ON TICKETUS

17 February 2012

Octopus Investments would like to clarify the position of Ticketus with regard to the current Glasgow Rangers coverage.

Ticketus is one of the many entities into which Octopus Protected EIS invests. Ticketus has purchased tickets for Glasgow Rangers games for a number of seasons in advance, as it has done for a number of years previously with the club.

Ticketus does not lend money; Ticketus is the owner of assets - the tickets. Octopus is continuing to work with the administrators and Glasgow Rangers on this matter.

Sounds like another thread about who is secured, and who isn't. Who do we owe money to and who we don't.

I don't understand all of the financial goings on of business, except that it seems to be crowded by tax dogers of exceptional talents for telling porkies. Then again, yoou can't blame them for that, after all, they say it's all legal and above board, so mabye we should ask our politicians what the fcuk are they doing to solve these tax problems?

We know they'll stuff the ordinary tax payer, mainly because they can't afford all these tax lawyers.

There's a game on tomorrow and I'll be trying my best to filter out any references of financial law from commetators who don't have a glue, just many diffirent shades of opinion, all of which seem to be anti Rangers.

Sounds like another thread about who is secured, and who isn't. Who do we owe money to and who we don't.

I don't understand all of the financial goings on of business, except that it seems to be crowded by tax dogers of exceptional talents for telling porkies. Then again, yoou can't blame them for that, after all, they say it's all legal and above board, so mabye we should ask our politicians what the fcuk are they doing to solve these tax problems?

We know they'll stuff the ordinary tax payer, mainly because they can't afford all these tax lawyers.

There's a game on tomorrow and I'll be trying my best to filter out any references of financial law from commetators who don't have a glue, just many diffirent shades of opinion, all of which seem to be anti Rangers.

Spot on Dutchy in a nutshell, tax is to keep the average man in his place and let the rich hold on too as much as they can because they can afford the fancy tax experts.

Can someone tell us if this is good or bad please

It's not good IMO.

It's the same as saying I've bought my season ticket for next year. I wouldn't expect to lose that ticket as I'm not a creditor - I've already paid in advance for the service.