Is the European deadline a priority?

I've read many column inches regarding the possibility of Rangers coming out of admin before the European deadline at the end of the March but considering the gravitas of our predicament, is Europe a priority? I have various fears regarding this deadline. If we come out of admin too soon without a full conclusion of where we stand, is there not a possibility of going back into admin again and losing a further 10 points?

The whole Europe thing baffles me. As much as that's were we want to be (eventually) is it really that important to rush things to meet a deadline for the sake of a limited amount of cash coming on the back of a few UEFA cup games? Who knows what our playing staff will look like so surely a strong and stable domestic showing is the top priority?

I don't think there's much chance of us coming out of admin any time soon. Certainly the odds of doing that and having audited accounts to satisfy UEFA must be quite low.

Like you say, I'd much rather the administrators concentrated on doing a good job and exposed the financial situation at the club fully. I'd also hope that any other interested parties were diligent in their proposals before looking to assume control of the club.

I can't see how any of this can be done in less than 6 weeks.

I don't think there's much chance of us coming out of admin any time soon. Certainly the odds of doing that and having audited accounts to satisfy UEFA must be quite low.

Like you say, I'd much rather the administrators concentrated on doing a good job and exposed the financial situation at the club fully. I'd also hope that any other interested parties were diligent in their proposals before looking to assume control of the club.

I can't see how any of this can be done in less than 6 weeks.

Agreed Frankie. I also think it would be a positive if any future owners/board of Rangers do not factor in European qualification as a vital element of our future balance sheets, leaving these funds as pure (bonus) profit outwith the general day to day/week to week running of the club

Agreed Frankie. I also think it would be a positive if any future owners/board of Rangers do not factor in European qualification as a vital element of our future balance sheets' date=' leaving these funds as pure (bonus) profit outwith the general day to day/week to week running of the club[/quote']

I totally agree Max

In the Grand Scheme of Things I don't think Europe is significant. It's more important to get things done right and get the club on a proper footing. The media's obsession with the European Deadline is just another example of their short term view of looking at things. I suppose deadlines are good for whipping up stories.

Getting out of administration before 31st of March was Whyte's BS spin. When the administrators first came in they spun Whyte's story including the 31st of March aspect, but they soon changed their tune and started talking sense later in the week.

This was one of the things that always messed us up , SDM always used the quote " we need european football 3 out of every 5 just to break even " its no wonder we are in such a mess

This was one of the things that always messed us up , SDM always used the quote " we need european football 3 out of every 5 just to break even " its no wonder we are in such a mess

Was this not the same Murray who always said we don't budget with Euro money in mind it's always a bonus.