I think that one of the most important things going forward is looking at the training methods, and the encouragement of youth development.

We have an excellent facility @ Murray park, yet for many years there appears to be a fear of playing any of its graduates, unless absolutely necessary.

The club needs to develop the talent it has within its ranks, and actually use it!!!

I think that one of the most important things going forward is looking at the training methods, and the encouragement of youth development.

We have an excellent facility @ Murray park, yet for many years there appears to be a fear of playing any of its graduates, unless absolutely necessary.

The club needs to develop the talent it has within its ranks, and actually use it!!!

Agree but we need a manager with a vision and philosophy that can be transfered to all our teams (first team, U-19's, U-17's) so that these players can make an easier transistion to the first team.

Agree but we need a manager with a vision and philosophy that can be transfered to all our teams (first team' date=' U-19's, U-17's) so that these players can make an easier transistion to the first team.[/quote']

Agreed.

Also a manager who is willing to take the chance on some of these young guns in the 1st place!!! At present, there are several youngsters @ Rangers who have shown that they have some good ability, yet don't get a sniff @ 1st team football. If nothing else, get them a few games, build a reputation, then sell them for some 1/2 decent money.

For too long we've been developing decent players who then disappear for next to nothing - Jordan McMillan being the most recent example.

For example ... McCoist ... in a role like Rummenigge, Hoeness and Beckenbauer at Bayern Munich. All VERY representative, but not much to do with team affairs. Hoeness is their "manager" / "president" over here, while what is known as manager in Britain is actually the "Trainer" or "coach" over here, in Bayern's case, Heynckes.

If Walter, Ally and possibly some greats of the past like Laudrup, Gazza, Albertz and/or Novo would spearhead a fan / membership scheme, I do assume that thousands would follow the call.

Agreed.

Also a manager who is willing to take the chance on some of these young guns in the 1st place!!! At present, there are several youngsters @ Rangers who have shown that they have some good ability, yet don't get a sniff @ 1st team football. If nothing else, get them a few games, build a reputation, then sell them for some 1/2 decent money.

For too long we've been developing decent players who then disappear for next to nothing - Jordan McMillan being the most recent example.

I could understand the whole MacMillan thing if we had an abundance of great right sided defenders but for this young player to lose out to Kyle Bartley whilst Whittaker and Broadfoot were both injured was staggering TBH. I'm not even sure if Bartley is a good CB nevermind a right back.

Now is the time for root and branch reconstruction of our club. Out with the old Rangers way and in with the new Rangers way that's open to new ideas, new coaching methods, training regime's, supporters involvement. Also very important is taking on our enemies whenever and wherever they rear their ugly mugs, whether that be in politics, Mhedia, radio, SFA, SPL OR OTHER CLUB. We must tackle them quickly and effectively, if that means recourse to law then so be it. The days of us being at the receiving end of any bigot with an agenda without our right of reply. This appeasement should never ever be allowed to happen again.

Now is the time for root and branch reconstruction of our club. Out with the old Rangers way and in with the new Rangers way that's open to new ideas, new coaching methods, training regime's, supporters involvement. Also very important is taking on our enemies whenever and wherever they rear their ugly mugs, whether that be in politics, Mhedia, radio, SFA, SPL OR OTHER CLUBs. We must tackle them quickly and effectively, if that means recourse to law then so be it. The days of us being at the receiving end of any bigot with an agenda without our right of reply. This appeasement should never ever be allowed to happen again.

I didn't know until I read this thread that some so called 'Rangers fans' decided to use the game to vent their grievances by singing or chanting sectarian songs.....that makes me so sad to learn that.

Those guilty of such pish should hang their heads in shame and f**k off. Decent fans only interested in their team deserve better.

Agree but we need a manager with a vision and philosophy that can be transfered to all our teams (first team' date=' U-19's, U-17's) so that these players can make an easier transistion to the first team.[/quote']

For years we've been screaming out to learn from the best in the business. Probably at present Germany Spain and Holland. It must be possible to learn their coaching techniques and transfer them to Auchenhowie.

I've often thought that we are too keen to employ former players and true Blues without judging their skills and what they truly can bring to the business model.

For years we've been screaming out to learn from the best in the business. Probably at present Germany Spain and Holland. It must be possible to learn their coaching techniques and transfer them to Auchenhowie.

I've often thought that we are too keen to employ former players and true Blues without judging their skills and what they truly can bring to the business model.

Please don't anyone mention Ajax they are well down the list of good academy's in Holland. Feynoord are probably the best at the moment which is why Man city are using them. The whole of Ajax are in a power battle at the moment because Johan Cruyff wants to restructure the youth set up.