Fans Meet With Paul Murray

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/

Fans Meet With Paul Murray

Tuesday, 21 February 2012 11:47

The Board of the Rangers Supporters' Trust and representatives from the Supporters Assembly and Supporters Association met with Paul Murray, who has registered an interest to buy with the administrators of Rangers FC, on Monday night in Glasgow.

Fans representatives stated that they would work with any bidder to ensure the survival of the club but that to be credible any incoming consortium would have to demonstrate that as well as making financial sense their business plan ensured that never again would the club be run on the whim of a single shareholder; that the Board was truly representative of the various stakeholders; that value was retained within the company; and that good governance was paramount to safeguard the long-term well-being of the club.

Mr Murray explained his position in broad terms - the scale of the problem is still to be fully established but he expected the work of the administrators would shortly provide an accurate picture of the finances of the club. He stated that the goodwill of the broad mass of fans was absolutely vital to save the club in the short-term and to enable it to prosper in the long-term.

Mr Murray stated that he would be working in the coming weeks with colleagues and the administrators to obtain a clearer view of the current financial position; the reality surrounding the Ticketus contract and the validity of securities granted to various parties. It was agreed that Mr Murray would provide updates on the progress being made.

The meeting ended with the Trust Chairman Gordon Dinnie reiterating the position of the three fans groups being that never again should the club be put in such a position and that all proposals regarding the club would be measured against the principles of democratic control and good governance.

Good stuff.

OK, understandably not a lot of in depth information at the moment but hopefully this is the first step in genuine representation for our fans in conjunction with improving the fiscal situation at the club.

Good stuff.

OK, understandably not a lot of in depth information at the moment but hopefully this is the first step in genuine representation for our fans in conjunction with improving the fiscal situation at the club.

What will be the 'price' for the supporters representation Frankie? is P Murray wanting a up-front large cash injection from the support, or an ongoing drip feed monthly subscription or both.

What will be the 'price' for the supporters representation Frankie? is P Murray wanting a up-front large cash injection from the support, or an ongoing drip feed monthly subscription or both.

Difficult to tell without knowing the specifics.

What I would say is that we do hold some good cards here. Conservatively we invest around £15million of season ticket money alone into the club every year. Thus, any buyer, will want to retain that via getting the fans onside before making their own initial investment. I'd hope the fan groups were strong in looking to secure some sort of concession (such as appropriate board representation) for their backing.

On top of that, Murray et al may choose to have a share issue to raise further funds (unlikely I'd have though) or use some sort of new membership 'socios' scheme (more probable).

Again though, to maximise any uptake, they'll have to ensure their bid is as credible as possible. That remains to be seen but we can ill afford to write off any interested party.

If PM and AJ "saw this coming" I'd like to think they'd have had informal talks amongst themselves about when this day comes, ie, when The Rangers go into admin. Maybe the various sound bites we've heard from AJ these last 6 months are part of a greater plan for the future or Rangers. If it is then it's imperative that they involve the fans on every major decision at the club outside who we sign as players. But i think they'll know that now, if they didn't before.

If this has happened, then i am sure PM will have talked to various businessmen about putting millions into Rangers and shown them his plans for the future and how The Rangers can benefit them finically and personally, like this guy from Edinburgh worth £3,000 Million.

A lot if us are anti AJ and PM, but it's turned out that they did want to buy Rangers off DM but didn't because DM would not pay the tax bill if we get a guilty. For me personally a few things are falling into place now, like AJ's initial "don't trust this guy",his continued "i told you so's" and now him passing information to the Police about CW

One thing's for sure the fans need to pack Ibrox every game now as we ourselves are part of the attraction to own and/or invest in rangers football club