Player and staff redundancies expected on Friday

Several years ago I was at a meeting at Ibrox and asked SDM why we couldn't blood more youngsters in the same way as Stuttgart built a championship winning team in Germany. His answer was that the fans would not wear the 2/3seasons it would take without success to build a winning team from the youths.

Well, now (very regrettably) seems like the time to do it. A nucleus of experience in the form of McGregor, Bocanegra, Goian (hopefully), Wallace (would that it were Papac but seems unlikely) Davis, Edu and McCulloch, with younger players like Cole, Perry, Hutton, Ness (if fit) Little, Hemmings, Wylde etc looks like the way forward to me.

I think the reality of the situation we now find ourselves in is that ANY high earning player, no matter how valuable (transfer value wise) or important to the squad, will have to accept huge wage cuts or the administrators will essentially tear up their contracts. I don't know what they're all earning per week, but the adminstrators will be brutal (IMO) and players who choose not to accept the huge wage cuts will be released very soon. We desperately want to hold on to the guys who have any significant value in the transfer market because selling them could help save the club, but the administrators will probably be looking at things very differently to the rest of us. They'll just be wanting to slash the wage bill and fast, which is why I'm really surprised that it's taking them so long to make the tough calls because without major cuts to our spending on the wage bill, we won't survive for very long. The administrators should have been releasing some players and other staff within the first week.

Do we REALLY need Durrant AND McDowall, sorry just being realistic.

Depends on how much they are asking to be paid I would think. If they are both offering to take a very low salary why not keep them ?

I do get the point though, the administrators could very well say "1 assistant is enough, so pick one Ally"

I think the reality of the situation we now find ourselves in is that ANY high earning player, no matter how valuable (transfer value wise) or important to the squad, will have to accept huge wage cuts or the administrators will essentially tear up their contracts. I don't know what they're all earning per week, but the adminstrators will be brutal (IMO) and players who choose not to accept the huge wage cuts will be released very soon. We desperately want to hold on to the guys who have any significant value in the transfer market because selling them could help save the club, but the administrators will probably be looking at things very differently to the rest of us. They'll just be wanting to slash the wage bill and fast, which is why I'm really surprised that it's taking them so long to make the tough calls because without major cuts to our spending on the wage bill, we won't survive for very long. The administrators should have been releasing some players and other staff within the first week.

In the first week they have to get a proper understanding of what the financial status of the club is. Believe me, from experience, these things take time. They cant really just come in and wield an axe within a day - they have to consider that their number one priority is to allow the club to survive - making swinging redundancies can have a knock-on effect on merchandising, ticket sales etc.

It isnt as easy as walking through the door and just saying "right, you, you, you, you and you - out you go".

Being an administrator is NOT an easy job. There is a large degree of forensic accounting which comes into play and when you have unco-operative people (ala Whyte (probably) and Withey) then it merely makes their job tougher. They need to understand not just the finances of the club but the operations too to ensure they dont make cuts in the wrong places.

They still want the team to be competitive because being competitive keeps punters coming through the turnstiles.

They would probably have had to go through all the contracts, they have to try to ascertain all the creditors, work with debtors (if any) to get funds paid early if possible, deal with the courts, lawyers, regulators.

It really isnt as easy as just coming in and sacking people.

It may not be going as fast as you like, but in my experience of administrations and liquidations (only a couple admittedly) it over-ran by probably 33 or 4 months even thogh it was straight-forward (much more so than Rangers) with very few liabilities on the books, no impact to the economy and also didnt have the same worries about still putting a product on the pitch.

I understand the frustration at the pace of things, but I dont think they are outwith the norm. At least not by much.

It would certainly save us a fortune on notepaper if McDowall left:).

No, he uses the same sheet every week just rubs out the diagrams and starts again.

BTW which bit of, your in left midfield son, is it some of them don't understand? or is it the equally complicated instructions that they have to pass on to others, like I'm on the left, you move over to the right that are causing the difficulty?

No, he uses the same sheet every week just rubs out the diagrams and starts again.

BTW which bit of, your in left midfield son, is it some of them don't understand? or is it the equally complicated instructions that they have to pass on to others, like I'm on the left, you move over to the right that are causing the difficulty?

I have just thought of a great piece for only an excuse. Coisty shouts with 20 minutes still to play," get ready son your going on." He goes to McDowall who starts drawing all his arrows. The player runs on and the final whistle goes.:D