Player and staff redundancies expected on Friday

If we wind up, which would be beyond mortifying, I haven't decided if I'd totally support a new Rangers. It might be that Milan become my #1 team and new Rangers would be #2.

That would be a surreal world.

I can understand the sentiment, I really can.

However, personally, I DONT DO WALKING AWAY

Just a thought regarding the high wage recently awarded to Whittaker.

Could this unusually high award have been made to offset a higher saving if he were to be paid off ?

Eg pay off 2 players at 10k each or 1 at 20k

Sounds like you are more loyal to the underlying company than the actual abstract entity of Rangers.

Does your loyalty to your wife die after seven years as after that time each persons' molecules have completely changed to new ones?

There is more to Rangers than a PLC and indeed the club existed before the company was formed.

I couldn't support another club like i do Rangers as we know it. I've thought long and hard about this.

How will any redundancy plans effect those players out on loan???

IF the wages are being paid 100% by the loan club, there wouldn't be any immediate saving to Rangers by letting them go. Could this of maybe been a smart move by Mr Whyte or Even Ally?? Get a couple of the good prospects out of the way for the time being, get them some 1st team experience, then post-Admin, bring them back ready for 1st team action.

Can't actually see some folk's reasoning here. Rangers FC would remain very much the same. The company behind/running it would change. As Bluedell has stated, the same happened with the Hooped Horrors a wee while back.

We aren't all clued up about this stuff though mate.

I can understand the sentiment, I really can.

However, personally, I DONT DO WALKING AWAY

Me neither. And none of the rest of us have. What we're talking about is the idea of the club folding and a new one forming. We didn't walk away from the old one, but a new Rangers would be such a bizarre prospect. It would probably have to start in the 3rd division and I guarantee Ibrox wouldn't be full every other week.

I couldn't support another club like i do Rangers as we know it. I've thought long and hard about this.

The point is...if outwardly it is the same team, ground etc, why would your feelings change??? I wouldn't think changing from The Rangers Football club PLC, to Glasgow Rangers Football club PLC (for example) would change much.

IF the club is liquidated & a phoenix club arises, I would argue that the history etc continues and the events are just another entry into the clubs History timeline.

Can't actually see some folk's reasoning here. Rangers FC would remain very much the same. The company behind/running it would change. As Bluedell has stated, the same happened with the Hooped Horrors a wee while back.

I need one thing clarified, and it's something Craig pointed out a while back - did Celtic actually end up in administration or did McCann save them from it and start running them with a new company?

Because the 2 situations are completely different - one's the handing over of the club from one company to another, the front end being completely transparent to supporters who would still follow the same team, and another is the potential winding up/liquidation from admin which leads to the end of the institution and a completely new one started up in replacement. Like Airdrie Utd - they are NOT Airdrieonians although they share some staff.

The point is...if outwardly it is the same team, ground etc, why would your feelings change??? I wouldn't think changing from The Rangers Football club PLC, to Glasgow Rangers Football club PLC (for example) would change much.

IF the club is liquidated & a phoenix club arises, I would argue that the history etc continues and the events are just another entry into the clubs History timeline.

Maybe, or maybe it's the end of one club and the start of another. Maybe fans of Airdrie Utd/Airdrieonians would be handy in terms of their views.