My view on the "Blue Knights"

Pretty much agree with your article save for this bit...

I personally don't think the Blue Knights will be our new owners anyway. By all accounts there are interviews in todays sunday papers with various powers that be, including David Murray, who don't believe the Blue Knights will be the new owners, he believes it will be someone that has no connections with Rangers at all. That is what i would like. A clean slate with someone with money to spend, and good clean transparent background.

Yes, i also know that this could be sour grapes from David Murray. Think of this though, no matter what we think of David Murray, he was our owner for 20 odd years, it would be wise for a future investor to lift the phone to him and have a "chat" about our club. I very much doubt David Murray would under sell us, he will give them the cold hard facts and tell them that there is money to be made, but be aware of the pressures that surround Rangers Football Club, but still, i think he'd finish the call by saying ,"It's a great opportunity for you"

I am NO David Murray fan for the record. This mess is all his, but the guy is a businessman, so i'm giving him a the benefit of the doubt there, which i know others won't and will shoot me down for, which i do understand. (in the same article he says the Rangers situation is NOT his fault)

Think you're being far to generous towards Murray, remember what he bought? at the time we were by far the biggest club in Britain not just Scotland but Britain and look to where he brought us to the very edge of extinction. Who had heard of Murray before he bought RFC ? very few outside the steel sector of the Scottish business community, we were nothing to him but a tool for boosting his oversized ego, when he'd had enough and obtained his knighthood he cast us aside in the manner that a child casts aside a broken toy.

I keep seeing Murray described as a "businessman" but he's nothing of the sort he's merely a salesman, albeit consummate salesman at that but nevertheless a salesman not a businessman, now reduced to flogging plonk.

Pretty much agree with your article save for this bit...

Think you're being far to generous towards Murray, remember what he bought? at the time we were by far the biggest club in Britain not just Scotland but Britain and look to where he brought us to the very edge of extinction. Who had heard of Murray before he bought RFC ? very few outside the steel sector of the Scottish business community, we were nothing to him but a tool for boosting his oversized ego, when he'd had enough and obtained his knighthood he cast us aside in the manner that a child casts aside a broken toy.

I keep seeing Murray described as a "businessman" but he's nothing of the sort he's merely a salesman, albeit consummate salesman at that but nevertheless a salesman not a businessman, now reduced to flogging plonk.

I agree mate, my point is more to do with a new owner having a casual chat with DM. Nothing more.

Why would any prospective owner take anything David Murray said seriously?

I think you're being blinkered if you think informal chit chat doesn't happen with new owners of businesses with those that have owned them in the past? If i go on a new job i always liek to ask what the jobs like, what the bosses are like etc

I think you're being blinkered if you think informal chit chat doesn't happen with new owners of businesses with those that have owned them in the past? If i go on a new job i always liek to ask what the jobs like, what the bosses are like etc

For all intents and purposes we are a completely different business from the one Murray sold.

For all intents and purposes we are a completely different business from the one Murray sold.

Totally agree mate, i still think a new owner, especially if not from these shores would obviously do his homework on us (that's a given) and may say to people, "Can you get me in touch with David Murray please" as i'm sure businessmen at that level will know a man who can. It's my view anyway mate

Ok mate, sorry for being a tossbag.

Firstly, i don't think fans will have an actual say in who buys us, that will be the admins job. But that's not to say that who ever does buy us won't have serious fan backing both vocally and financially.

In a perfect World i'd like to see all bids out in the open on "closing day" and my guess is that may well happen. We're on unchartered territory here, how many of us have actually had to deal with administration at a multimillion pound club and institution that means so many to millions around the World?

Mr Dingwall has stated that it's BK or bust. I think we all can see that is stone cold lies and he's thinking of himself and his interests there. Why?

Would you not agree that a guy in his position, and he is a high profile Rangers fan in the written and online sense, should say."I'm backing the Blue Knights, i think they have the right profile, financial backing, the business men to guide us, and Rangers at heart. I also encourage you to make up your own minds and listen to any other consortiums or individuals that come in for us and decide yourself what you as a Rangers fan think is the best option for our clubs future"

If he said that i wouldn't have written the blog i did. In fact i'd probably have said, "Despite what Mr Dingwalls reputation is in certain sections of the fans, please listen to him in this instance, he's talking sense"

is that clearer?

Much clearer, thanks. I haven't read where he said it's TBK or liquidisation. That may be his personal opinion or he may be privvy to other information. I don't agree with him on this as I don't know the content of any other bid. However, some have said that a liquidated company may be more attractive to a bidder and for someone with no ties to the club they may not care about our history. TBK bid is attractive to the RST as;

a) It involves a variety of real Rangers supporters with no one person in overall control

b) It allows the fans to be involved via a share issue and membership scheme and allows for representation on the Board (elected representatives, not appointed)

c) It avoids liquidation which many of us were dreading.

If any of the other bids involved this then we would support them too but ultimately we only want the best for the club without making the same mistakes others have made in the past.

Much clearer, thanks. I haven't read where he said it's TBK or liquidisation. That may be his personal opinion or he may be privvy to other information. I don't agree with him on this as I don't know the content of any other bid. However, some have said that a liquidated company may be more attractive to a bidder and for someone with no ties to the club they may not care about our history. TBK bid is attractive to the RST as;

a) It involves a variety of real Rangers supporters with no one person in overall control

b) It allows the fans to be involved via a share issue and membership scheme and allows for representation on the Board (elected representatives, not appointed)

c) It avoids liquidation which many of us were dreading.

If any of the other bids involved this then we would support them too but ultimately we only want the best for the club without making the same mistakes others have made in the past.

"The Blue Knights" is a great concept. When they first appeared i made the conscious decision to wait and see what they'd say. This last 24 hours or so has crippled the trust amongst the Rangers support judging by online chatter. I believe that you can get a fairly accurate view of the whole global Rangers families mindset with online chatter as at the end of the day we support the same team and think roughly the same. Right now TBK are on a back foot with lots of questions being asked by them.

I will add that each point you've made make perfect sense, but i do believe that the administration lads will want to ensure the new owners do not have liquidation on their mind before they sell the club to them. Obviously once they've been handed the keys and the administrators have moved onto pastures new it's up to the new owners what they do. They will make it known if they do liquidise the club they're going to loose a lot of supporters which means they're going to loose cash.

Totally agree mate, i still think a new owner, especially if not from these shores would obviously do his homework on us (that's a given) and may say to people, "Can you get me in touch with David Murray please" as i'm sure businessmen at that level will know a man who can. It's my view anyway mate

I would imagine any prospective buyer with the slightest background in sports related business would call Alastair Johnston long before they would call David Murray.

I would imagine any prospective buyer with the slightest background in sports related business would call Alastair Johnston long before they would call David Murray.

Deffo mate, and he may say "Here's DM phone number"