My view on the "Blue Knights"

The Blue Knight will not be getting a penny from me

As we know the "Blue Knights" have been making a lot of noise in the press about buying our club. In the last 24 hours Duff and Phelps have categorically stated that there are serious bidders that have yet to raise their heads into the public eye. Some UK based, at least one in the States and one from the far east.

Over night on Follow Follow Mark Dingwall has told people on there that,"It's the Blue Knights or liquidation"

This is a lie.

Why?

Because for him to say that he would have to have know who the other bidders are, how much money they have, what their business plan is for Rangers and who they will bring into the boardroom at Ibrox.

There's no chance of him knowing that. Business people keep their cards held firmly against their chest as they don't want other bidders to undercut them. How on earth Mr Dingwall can say what he has is frankly insulting and should warn us all what kind of people the "Blue Knights" have involved with them. He's treating the Rangers support with contempt. He thinks we're stupid is what i'm getting at. Do NOT be fooled people.

I hold my hands up and will say i don't know much about him, but what i do know is i've yet to read anything positive about him. It's my opinion that Mr Dingwall is the cancer that keeps us as fans from uniting under one big blue umbrella. I have no doubt he's a die hard Rangers fan, but with obscured visions and ideas of gander for his own ego, which is a very dangerous thing for any Rangers fan to accept.

If i am wrong about Mr Dingwall, then please let the Rangers fans know what your own PERSONAL vision is of yourself and your involvement with OUR Football Club

It's now very plain to see for anyone with a brain that this guy is in this for himself. He wants to be in the boardroom at Ibrox and will do anything, and say anything to do it, that is very dangerous for Rangers fans to accept.

It also seems to me that Duff and Phelps are not to convinced with the Blue Knights. They have called them out twice now in the media

Here's what they said in the last 24 hours,"Clark said that only "serious bidders" would be considered by the end the week. "So anybody who has just been talking – and there are a few out there who have done a lot of talking – we want to seek them out and, as it were, put their money where their mouth is. If somebody wants to involve the media, that's fine. And if they become the owner then they can sit on the front page of all the papers saying: 'I did it.' But don't be surprised if that owner isn't one of the people that is media friendly."

There's also the issue with them bringing Tickitus into the frame as a backer. That set off a huge alarm bell in my own head as well as many other Bears. Duff and Phelps have said that the money is not secured against anything to do with Rangers, and the fact that Mr Whyte used the money to pay off the bank before he owned Rangers means the chances of them getting that money back are slim. It's almost verging on the insulting to Rangers fans who've been put through the ringer these last few weeks.

They're panicking that they're not going to get their money back, and from their point of view, getting involved with Rangers will hopefully mean they the cash back.

We all have to ask ourselves, "are they really in this for the good of The Rangers, or are they in this to get their money back and even make money out of Rangers?" Think about it, each and every penny that Tickitus take back could be used to either strengthen our clubs playing staff, pay off the small creditors that we have undoubtably have, or improve Ibrox stadium.

They've already made a hash of the £24 MILLION loan they gave to Craig Whyte, is that the sort of company we want with some sort of control at Ibrox? You also need to ask "why have they never bought a football club in the past?

To be fair and honest, they may well have a business plan that would benefit us in the long run, and if they, and the Blue Knights have sat down and come up with a marvellous vision for our future, then lets hear it NOW! We're tied of these games, we need clarity.

I personally don't think the Blue Knights will be our new owners anyway. By all accounts there are interviews in todays sunday papers with various powers that be, including David Murray, who don't believe the Blue Knights will be the new owners, he believes it will be someone that has no connections with Rangers at all. That is what i would like. A clean slate with someone with money to spend, and good clean transparent background.

Yes, i also know that this could be sour grapes from David Murray. Think of this though, no matter what we think of David Murray, he was our owner for 20 odd years, it would be wise for a future investor to lift the phone to him and have a "chat" about our club. I very much doubt David Murray would under sell us, he will give them the cold hard facts and tell them that there is money to be made, but be aware of the pressures that surround Rangers Football Club, but still, i think he'd finish the call by saying ,"It's a great opportunity for you"

I am NO David Murray fan for the record. This mess is all his, but the guy is a businessman, so i'm giving him a the benefit of the doubt there, which i know others won't and will shoot me down for, which i do understand. (in the same article he says the Rangers situation is NOT his fault)

I'd also like to say a huge thank you to the players that took the wage reductions therefor saving all jobs at Ibrox and at our training facility. We won't forget it.

Your post has been put up on ££ , I wonder how long it will last , the truth hurts the fat controller , he doesn't like it when he gets critiscized

Cheers mate, do i make sense?

I have sent the link to all the twitter accounts of the various boards etc and posted it on the RST FB page. I have a relatively unbiased view on MD because i don;t really know him or what he does other than he owns FF, as i say in the blog all i read about him anywhere is very negative so i make my judgment from that

I got banned from FF about 8 years ago after one post where i was accused of being a "timposter" for saying a player that got a MOTM shouldn't have and another player should have.

Edited by Bears
retardation

Don't know the guy from Adam, but isn't this one of the downfalls of fan ownership .... personalities.

We do like a good arguement us Rangers Supporters.

MD is certainly the leading light in the RST, but would they take the lead in organising the fans?

Would a fan if they were on the Board, not just be there for a couple of years, before someone else was voted in?

Who decides these things?

I have serious doubts about ANYONE who was part of the previous Board from a mis-management and conspiratorial point of view.

For example, did they deliberately let the Club slide in to "administration" only to pick it up on the cheap or were they totally inept and/or naive in their handling of the Club's business ?

Regarding the RST. I know very little about them or their actual motives be they genuine or are they purely about the self gratification of their senior members. If I was Paul Murray, the first thing I would do is get some "gobby" fans' groups on board. I would use them to get as many fans backing me (obviously) and make them feel they were part of new leadership. This would appeal to the ego driven leaders, plus, the phrase "better have them pissing out the tent than pissing in".

Like it or not fellow Bears, there is little room for sentiment in today's Boardrooms. Anyone who thinks Fans' Representatives will have an important say is extremely naive at least. Any fan would merely be overwhelmed in by the sudden rise to "importance" within their Club and would "vote" the way they are told to in order to preserve their position.

We should hope that the highest bidder wins the race for ownership with guarantees that the Club lives on for at least another 140 years.

I think a lot of Bears miss the point of the administrators. This is their job, they do this stuff all the time. Granted this will be the first time they have had media exposure like this, but still, it's the same principle as the last administration job they were on. In fact i think they have been outstanding in the way they've handled thing now

They will not allow sentiment get in the way of their decision. they will pick the right buyer for the job, no matter where he's from or who he supports. I'm for a clean break with new owners, but with strong fan connections and transparency

I am still hopeful that the BKs can be an attractive proposition for the club. I think that PM is sound from a business perspective and the principle of supporter involvement is to be applauded if it can be done properly.

I don't buy into the criticisms of why PM has not brought an answer to the table before. There are lots of reasonable explanations for this and situations change, as does the exposure to the big tax case.

However there are some presentational issues. PM did not do himself any favours with his inability to explain why his late takeover bid against Whte was the most beneficial to the club, and had again failed so far to satisfactorily explain why Ticketus are being dealt with as partners and not as a creditor to get rid of during a CVA. PR seems to be a bit of an issue.

My major concern is the involvement of Ticketus. I do not want them involved with our club and if they are a creditor then let's just treat them as one. I don't believe that they would hold up a CVA if it came down to a choice of a CVA or liquidation.

As for Mark Dingwall, many have got a strong opinion, either for or against, but I'd urge everyone not to let their views of him cloud an objective assessment as to whether the BK proposal is good for the club. Using emotive terms about him is not going to help.

However I would agree with Bears that some of Mark's comments have been insulting. The fact that we have not bought into the Ticketus vision is because all the issues have been failed to be properly explained to us and not because we fail to see the "big picture". I actually don't think that it should be Mark that is left to try and explain everything. PM should be coming out and addressing everyone's concerns now and not allowing it to fall to someone who has a reasonable knowledge of the situation but is not a financial expert.

The delay in PM coming out has resulted in lines being drawn with people adopting a pro- and anti-RST attitude when the bid should not be about this.

I would call on Paul Murray to come out as soon as possible and address the fans' concerns. The club needs leadership and your bid need a leader to step forward now. Excuses that you are not ready are not acceptable given the revelations on Friday and the subsequent discussions on forums. Opinions are being formed and you are not influencing them. Time to step up to the plate. Now.

I got banned on ££ for asking when the RST were going to ask its members if they wanted to support the Blue Knights.

I asked why I was banned and he does not even have the common courtesy to reply.

After all the RST like to go on about how they just represent their members. (no laughing at the back)

So that's my support for the RST and the Blue Knights bid over.

As far as I am concerned ££ and the RST are a dictatorship and a lot of Rangers fans like myself have been too slow to see this.

Dingwall is an egomaniac who cares more about Mark Dingwall than the Rangers.