Frankie What's The Latest re Takeover Bids

I know nothing about far eastern investors. I find it curious that they should want to buy Rangers as there's no money in Scottish football, so I'm wary of them, to say the least.

Same old shit to be honest. We all seem to be chasing the golden pot at the end of the rainbow, without asking what and why they're in it in the first place.

This is true. However, sadly, we are in a "beggars cant be choosers" situation right now. The ONLY thing that matters to us the fans is that the club survive. Which is very dangerous because we could end up in a vicious cycle of poor owners. However, one would have to think that the administrators, SPL and SFA will actually carry out their own, proper due diligence thanks to the completely inept manner in which they carried out the same process on Craig Whyte.

Guest Dutchy

I don't know if it's there responsibility to carry out due diligence on the financial side of buying any club, they do and should have checked out Craig Whyte better, and considering the time it all took, there may be a case against them for their failure to do so. I certainly don't think they should be chastising us for CW's unsuitability, or any of his going ons for that matter.

Some people say we should beware of Greeks offering gifts and all these money men fill me with that same fear and trepidation. I just don't know what's in it for them, which makes me very suspicious. Whatever you think of the Murray bid lacking any real money, I think it's workable and could lead more readily to a fan owned club.

What freedom that would be to get away from these high flying bullshiters, with only profit in mind and no way of us knowing how they plan to make that profit.

Whatever you think of the Murray bid lacking any real money, I think it's workable and could lead more readily to a fan owned club.

Definitely agree with that - the lack of funds is a BIG concern though.

Ideally, I would like to see someone/group come in and clear the debt etc, but not invest Millions in the squad - Stabilise the club & get it standing on its own 2 feet financially. Hopefully then the club can start to generate its own transfer fund etc. Knowing that the owners have the financial backing there if required....

The issue with PMurray's plan...what happens if/when the money runs oot???

The best thing about it all is that there seems to be genuine interest from a good number of people. It makes me slightly more optimistic about our future but I have still got the doubts that nothing will come of any of them and we will hit the wall. As always we will just have to wait and see.

Here a bit more of the "latest" on this first deadline day ...

ARABIAN KNIGHTS

A MYSTERY firm in the Middle East were last night lining up a multi-million pound bid to buy Rangers.

With today's 5pm deadline looming, SunSport can reveal sensational late interest from an Arab country.

The unnamed company are admirers of British football and it's understood they are willing to invest heavily in Gers.

We can reveal the Middle East group made contact with Ibrox administrators Duff and Phelps yesterday and made it clear they WILL make an offer before the close of play today.

Potential Ibrox saviours have until 5pm today to show their hand and table their respective bids for the stricken SPL champs.

Paul Murray and his Blue Knights consortium, which is backed by Ticketus and fans' representative groups, are in pole position with Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy also poised to make his move for Rangers.

No concrete offers had been received last night, but it's understood American duo Fortress and Club 9 Sports will also approach the administrators with firm offers.

Murray met with Paul Clark and David Whitehouse of Duff and Phelps this week and confirmed his Blue Knights are poised to table their offer.

Murray revealed: "We are in good shape for Friday. We will be making an offer to buy Rangers.

"It's then up to the administrators to evaluate any offers that come in, but they will have to crack on in terms of a decision.

"I would like an answer next week and we are hopeful of being able to take control of the club and stabilise the situation.

"That is the main thing — Rangers needs to be saved in its current form and then plans can be put in place from there."

Meanwhile, Kennedy also confirmed last night he will submit an offer for Gers — but only as a fallback option.

Kennedy, 51, said: "I hope to get something in by Friday as a fallback for the administrators, should the other bids fall or not be acceptable.

"There is a huge job to be done at Rangers.

"It will be like starting from scratch and if I was to get involved I'd utilise the expertise and experience of people who know football and Rangers in particular far better than I do.

"I have spoken to Ally McCoist and Graeme Souness about Rangers recently. I have not taken it any further than that."

... plus ...

Souness in Ken talks

Souness confirmed to SunSport that those talks have taken place.

He said: "Brian has phoned me and asked me my opinion on several aspects of Rangers and that's as far as it has gone."

But asked if he would be interested in an Ibrox return, Souness added: "I'm not going to comment on that.

"All you can say is he has made several phone calls to me, asking me what would be involved and asking if I felt that he should get involved. That's all I can say."