why has he resigned? did he do something in particular that put him under the microscope? I tend to put the majority of mistakes down to incompetence rather than institutional bias, other than perhaps the refs who try to prove a point by not being afraid to give decisions against us so go looking for crimes that aren't there...

I think this sums it up.

'Steve Conroy quits refereeing after not being given a top flight match since he awarded Aluko a penalty'

Was that the penalty which led to Aluko being given the retrospective ban and labelled a cheat despite their being no evidence that he cheated?

Was that the penalty which led to Aluko being given the retrospective ban and labelled a cheat despite their being no evidence that he cheated?

He cheated. Sorry, but he dived 100%. Still think Conroy's being castigated, and I don't blame him for resigning from the farce that is the SFA.

But Aluko went down. If it had been a tim player we'd all be calling said player a total cheat (and being appalled at the SFA letting him away with it, but that's another matter). So let's not lie to ourselves - there was literally no contact and he dived.

Not quite as bad as Drogba's cheating last night, but simulation is a vile component of football.

He cheated. Sorry, but he dived 100%.

In your opinion. To me it wasn't much different from that Irish rugby player who went down after a tug against Scotland. Almost had a penalty try but there was too much cover. However the Scots player was yellow carded and sin-binned and a penalty awarded. And THIS was rugby.

But Aluko went down. If it had been a tim player we'd all be calling said player a total cheat (and being appalled at the SFA letting him away with it, but that's another matter).

Speak for yourself and not for others. We don't all see things as black and white as you.

So let's not lie to ourselves - there was literally no contact and he dived.

100% wrong. There was literally contact. The photos clearly show this. Whether it was enough to send him over is something no-one will ever know for sure. Oh, except some people just KNOW these things. :fish:

100% wrong. There was literally contact. The photos clearly show this. Whether it was enough to send him over is something no-one will ever know for sure. Oh, except some people just KNOW these things. :fish:

Agreed. There was contact, and I'm not convinced he dived.

Referees make mistakes all the time all over the world, I find it very strange that Conroy who most of us would admit got his decision WRONG found himself 'demoted' because of it, if the SFA were honest with themselves they would say it was because he 'cheated'.

I'd go along with Danny's comment "if it had been a tim player we'd ALL be calling said player a total cheat" it happens all the time when a rival club's player dives the opposition fans chant "Cheat, Cheat, Cheat"

Can't understand the logic of some on here having a dig at a perfectly sound comment. :fish: