A plea to the Administrators

I suggested a wee while back that my intuition pointed to Whyte being a frontman for Ellis. I stated the reasons for thinking that (won't go through them again) but was slated for blackening Ellis's name. It was (and is) educated guesswork. Reading Leggatt today was revealing - it now appears that my guesswork is more than likely spot on!

I just hope the Administrators get their finger out and hand over control to Paul Murray and TBK's before next week is over (they've already made a packet, they're now taking the piss by dragging their heels) so we can make a start towards building up Rangers FC and getting back some pride in being Blue Noses! If we win the big tax case I'll be hoping we pay back everyone everything owed, if we don't obviously we'll need a VCA to insure our club goes on.

For the sake of common decency the Administrators should now walk away!

This is all conjecture there doesn't appear to be any evidence linking RUPERT MURDOCH, DERMOT DESMOND AND CRAIG WHYTE never mind Ellis.

I laughed at that this morning, The guy's a total fruit.

The admin lads are doing a great job, we still have a Rangers, we still have all our players bar two. Keep it up

This is all conjecture there doesn't appear to be any evidence linking RUPERT MURDOCH, DERMOT DESMOND AND CRAIG WHYTE never mind Ellis.

He was hinting at someone else in London - and I don't think he's a 'fruit', I think his blogs are good. He may be like a dog with bone sometimes but for me that is good!

As for saying the Admin are doing a great job, well without being offensive I'd just say most wise people in the media have a completely opposite view! £400,000 pcm... Letting things drag on... Making a cock up by not registering... Wasting time giving more possible bidders an opportunity... Being appointed by Whyte - if he thinks they're ok they must be shite.. Not being able to convincingly argue their case in court re Ticketus to the extent it needed an adjournment...

YEA! THEY'RE DOING A GREAT JOB!!!

He was hinting at someone else in London - and I don't think he's a 'fruit', I think his blogs are good. He may be like a dog with bone sometimes but for me that is good!

As for saying the Admin are doing a great job, well without being offensive I'd just say most wise people in the media have a completely opposite view! £400,000 pcm... Letting things drag on... Making a cock up by not registering... Wasting time giving more possible bidders an opportunity... Being appointed by Whyte - if he thinks they're ok they must be shite.. Not being able to convincingly argue their case in court re Ticketus to the extent it needed an adjournment...

YEA! THEY'RE DOING A GREAT JOB!!!

What's the president then?

"Wasting time giving more possible bidders an opportunity"

OK, so if Carlos Slim or Warren Buffett should want to bid 100 million for us, clear ALL the debts and invest 200 million in the team (lets face it, would be a drop in the ocean for them) we should cast them aside because it is "wasting time" ??

Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Your support of the BK's is well documented - but that doesnt mean that the administrators should just accept their offer and walk off. They have a duty to the shareholders and creditors and they have to assess the offer from all interested parties.

Also, how do you work out they are wasting time by giving more possible bidders an opportunity ? All of the bids received so far, including BK's from what we can tell, are conditional offers. So, understanding what a conditional offer is, can you tell me why they would accept it. Actually, wait a second, can you tell me HOW they can even accept a conditional offer ?

What if the BK's conditional offer includes a clause about not paying the big tax case ? How can the administrator accept that when they dont yet know the outcome.

Further, they didnt really cock up by not registering through the FSA - unless of course you expect an administrator to know the full details of the company they are dealing with the minute they walk through the door ? It takes time to determine all of the issues, especially with an entity like Rangers. Even those involved in the day to day didnt know we had a 2.8 million tax liability floating around.....

Leggatt said:

It is nonsense to suggest Rupert Murdoch has the answers. Or Dermot Desmond. But does one of them know anyone else, possibly in London, who may be able to provide an answer?

Of course there is no evidence. The basis of good journalism is starting off with educated guesswork (a premise) and then seeking out proof / facts that backs that up! On Desmond, I've read he's been involved in shady dealings in Dublin (defrauding their Taxman) and their Government is rumoured to have been involved too - cover ups etc. On Murdoch, well most of what he touches these days is riddled with doubt. I'd say any guesswork that involves those two shouldn't be scoffed at!

Watch the Gabriel Byrne, Denholm Elliot (great actors btw) film Defence Of The Realm if you wanna understand what good journalism involves!

But how much of the guesswork Re Desmond & Murdoch is literally just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks ? And how much at least has some basis in fact ?

It isnt good journalism, IMO, unless there is something to it. We see far too much sensationalism these days where there is nothing substantive behind it.

That said, you have to suspect that Leggatt has some decent inside info given his own background.

Craig,

I do love a good argument - can you please give me one!

In two months time some billionaire could step in... How long is a piece of string? They're stalling and that's clear as daylight!

On this 'conditional offer' red herring you have thrown in - if you've read what PM said regards this (think I saw it on the Sky updates this morning or yesterday) it's clear to him that a successful offer means HMRC having agreed with the Administrators in principle a settlement (as I said before 10p in the pound is what the accepted with Leeds Utd and other clubs recently) and only the time factor (when it's paid) is one to be resolved in dialogue between the new owner and HMRC! The Administrators see no problem in this area so you kinda negate your own argument there! Complete Red Herring there - straight out of a Agatha Christie book that one, amusing but not challenging.

No of course I wouldn't expect them to know that THE EXACT MINUTE THEY WALK IN THE DOOR but I would have expected a 'recognised top firm' to have procedures in place ie 1) take off our jacket 2) check what's in place 3) notify the relevant people etc etc BEFORE they started down the line 4) take an eternity to drink a glass of water 5) have talks with manager and players etc etc etc

That £2.2 m was explained and the reason for it also - do we really need to go over the mundane stuff time after time after time after time... That may not be a red herring, but still, a poor 'spanner' to throw into the works! Also, to put that forward in the Administrators defence is hard to swallow, these people were supposed to be EXPERT ACCOUNTANTS! They ain't no experts - from what I can see they're only expert at dragging their heels! Never in my life have I seen one man take so long to drink a glass of water, but at least it's synonymous with their business practices! :-)